|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is looking for a curious and motivated IT Manager who’s excited to help us scale our IT Operations to support a rapidly growing user base of over 1000 employees.
Your primary responsibility will be to support our People, Places, and Events - enabling our employees to do their absolute best work. This includes coaching and developing our IT team as well as organizing operations, developing and refining systems, and building processes to provide the best customer experiences.
This is a full-time position at our office in Potrero Hill and includes company stock; up to 4% 401(k) match; catered lunch four days a week; commuter benefits; and 100% coverage on medical, dental, and vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
- IT Systems - Own and optimize core tools and systems that power Samsara. Examples include Cisco Meraki, Okta, Zoom, Zendesk, and RingCentral
- Events and experiences - Connect the company by delivering the highest quality A/V experiences for both remote and in-person events
- Technical support - Optimize the employee support experience and keep things operational. Work with the team to establish best practices and build processes to ensure execution
- Security and Compliance - Drive core security and compliance activities to ensure we’re protecting our information assets
- Operational Analytics - Developing and analyze IT’s activities and ensure the highest levels of performance
- Team Management - Hire and develop our global IT Team
An ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years in an IT services, technical support, or systems role
- Experience successfully managing people and projects
- Expertise in IT systems, networks, operations, and cloud systems
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Positive, tenacious attitude while delivering on complex and challenging projects
- BA / BS with a technical degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- Bonus points: experience in fast growing organizations with over 1000 employees
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.