|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person on the planet to do more – and a big part of executing that mission is through our Surface lineup of productivity devices. The Designed for Surface (DfS) team’s vision is to “Enhance the Surface Experience” through officially licensed 3rd party accessories specifically designed, manufactured, and tested to work great with our Surface devices.
The Lab Technician for Designed for Surface is the testing resource for all products that carry the Designed for Surface brand. You will be responsible for the care and operation of the DfS lab, equipment, and security – as well as the execution, implementation, and reporting of the testing function on all our 3rd party accessories. You will work with many different teams throughout Microsoft and have broad exposure to product making and roadmaps. This role is critical to the success of Surface, Designed for Surface, and our partner companies. Come help us grow this ecosystem and your own career!
The following are the core responsibilities of the role:
- Manage and execute testing of Designed for Surface accessories
- Author, update, and understand test specs and test capabilities
- Participate in growth of DfS Program by reviewing product concepts, providing prototype feedback, and providing design/production guidance to DFS Partners
- Collaborate with and support DfS Account Managers as technical resource on both DFS Products and Surface devices
- Maintain an inventory of Surface devices, test hardware, DFS product samples, and Lab hand/electrical/power tools
- Continual process improvement on frequency, scale, and accuracy of testing
Manage internal/external shipments to and from DFS Partners
An ideal candidate will possess OR be capable of quickly grasping the following basic qualifications:
- At least 3+ years of professional experience and/or familiarity with testing in the following disciplines:
- Thermal Behavior testing using both convection and radiant thermal chambers
- Electrical/mechanical testing and troubleshooting
- Windows HLK testing
- USB cable testing for continuity, DC resistance, signal integrity, quiescent current, and E-Marker capabilities
- HATS audio testing
- Agilent/Keysight test hardware and software applications
- Test fixture design and 3D Printing
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Work Experience
- Passion for customers and product quality
- Commitment to test data analysis, accuracy, and integrity
- Ability to work autonomously and perform multiple tasks in parallel
- Willingness and passion to learn and master new technologies
Join us as a Lab Technician for Designed for Surface and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.