|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to empower people to connect, collaborate, and learn during this time of remote work and isolation? Do you have experience with modern web technologies including React? If so, reach out to us on the Whiteboard team. We're looking for a Software Engineer 2 to help develop the React-based web and Teams-integrated release of Microsoft Whiteboard, to help us give people the ability to quickly and easily collaborate from across the world with any device.
Microsoft Whiteboard is an intelligent canvas for creative teamwork. It has been in market for over a year and provides a platform for both in-person and remote collaboration, via Surface Hub and Teams respectively. It runs on any Win10 or iOS device and on the web. Usage has dramatically increased over the past 6 months and we're excited to deliver more and better features for the businesses and educators that have come to rely on us.
Our team is currently focused on expanding the capabilities of our web offering to enable more collaboration scenarios via Teams and we are also starting to integrate with the Fluid Framework and to move our board storage from Azure to OneDrive for Business. We are looking for engineers experienced with React and web app development to help accelerate the depth of features of our web offering as it becomes the primary experience for the digital Whiteboard.
- Design, build, test, ship, and maintain Microsoft Whiteboard features using a modern web stack, with a focus on front-end web development with React
- Full engagement in agile-based software development
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IT or related field or 4+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of full-stack Software Development experience
- Engineering experience with React and Typescript
- Professional experience with modern Web development stacks including Node.js and Webpack.js
- Professional experience writing visually appealing customer facing features
- Passionate about shipping secure, accessible, and world-ready applications that allow customers to be more inclusive and productive
- Professional experience with modern cloud infrastructure and networking solutions
- Professional experience working with Business and Design teams to create quality features for maximum impact
- Experience using telemetry to diagnose and mitigate live customer facing issues
- Experience with DevOps toolchain including build and release pipelines and infrastructure as code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.