|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Office Experience Organization (OXO) is looking for an experienced Group Engineering Manager to run the Services@scale team which drives running services in OXO with high reliability and efficiency while driving initiatives across COGS, Security, Compliance and Service Infrastructure in Office with partnerships across Microsoft 365 and Azure. Office for the web is the key service at the center of the Office strategy for service-based web productivity and intelligence.
As Group Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of over 50 engineers who are responsible for driving and leveraging a world-class service infrastructure that meets the scale demands for Office for the web apps and services enabling real time collaboration, identity, and productivity across the Office suite and endpoints. Your impact will be felt by hundreds of engineers that rely on and integrate with the platform and technologies. In addition to the platform, your team will run a set of critical shared services such as production telemetry collection, traffic routing, and Recommended Documents. These investments of your team are crucial for continuing to scale in the new world of remote work, life and education.
The work done by this team has impact across the company as we build and enhanced One Microsoft technologies and partner with other divisions on:
- Performance and reliability of infrastructure components, from Office to Microsoft 365 to Azure that are deployed on our VMs or used for deployment and monitoring
- Modeling and driving a Site Reliability Engineering culture to meet Service Level Objectives (SLOs) that in turn help deliver a great customer experience when using our services
- Meeting and exceeding Security, Compliance and Privacy objectives to safeguard the wide range of customers and industries working in the cloud
- Optimizing the service code, infrastructure, and architecture to enable running more sessions on less hardware to contribute to better reliability for customers and higher margins for the business
- Enabling engineers to develop, test and deploy in a highly satisfying and agile manner
We offer a fantastic and fun team environment with commitment to people, inclusion and careers, which you will foster and cultivate. We celebrate team cultural values of being:
- Open to listening to and incorporating feedback, bringing people together to brainstorm and communicate ideas
- Customer-obsessed, both for the engineers relying on what this team delivers and for our external customers
- Exceptional partners, as we design and collaborate across many teams across the company
- Committed to continual learning and growing in building a high-trust, collaborative, diverse and deeply inclusive team environment
As a Group Engineering Manager of the team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the strategy, vision and execution for the team working with your Group Program Manager and partner teams across Office and Microsoft.
- Lead a high performing management community within Services@scale, as well as actively recruit and build out a strong engineering team with a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Coach leaders and engineers within the team.
- Be an active member of OXO Shared Leadership Team which drives shared platform, services and components for Office as well as our diversity and inclusion priorities.
- 7+ years of Engineering Management
- Proven track record managing highly complex services and teams
- Domain expertise in Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), or web service technologies preferred
- Exceptional management skills to collaborate across teams and coach/model/care to grow engineering talent.