|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
- Contribute to Mixed Reality Public Sector portfolio business planning and strategy – inclusive of programs with the US Department of Defense
- Evaluate business growth opportunities and operational excellence by creating and refining evaluation criteria and being hands in plans, proposals, and strategic thinking
- Align stakeholders across sales, finance, business planning, and engineering in business planning workstreams
- Work with engineering and program management DRIs to ensure product offers are well documented and contain a complete execution plan across the product and customer lifecycle - across Devices, SaaS Apps, product support, and customer support
- Bring process excellence to support a complex customer reporting and delivery environment.
- Strategic leadership: Ability to develop, drive and document recommend business strategy based on a portfolio of hardware and software/services to meet the unique needs of our customer
- Thought Leadership across multiple engineering, finance, and business planning teams to ensure we are building a durable and profitable business with maximum alignment to Microsoft’s business goals
- Planning and execution: Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex customer needs by bringing processes that drive clarity and simplify operational practices.
- Coordination and collaboration: Landing and growing the business requires deep collaboration with stakeholders across customers, engineering, finance, and business planning to ensure strategic objectives are met. You must have a proven ability to work closely with others to achieve a common end and to influence those across the management spectrum.
- Communication: Writing-writing-writing. You will own the pen on ensuring strategies and execution plans are well documented and understood across stakeholders. Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Authoring and maintain business plans, presentations, and insights.
- Judgement: Sound business judgment needed. Consistently demonstrating executive maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
- Leadership & Executive Presence: Comfortable leading initiatives and reviews with executive stakeholders.
- Flexibility: The program has ambitious goals with an aggressive schedule. We’re going to be breaking new ground and experimenting with new ways to do things. You’ll need the ability to merge your background with the ability to adapt quickly and thrive in fast moving, fast changing environments.
- Veterans and those with experience in the Defense sector are highly encouraged to apply!
- 10+ years of Product Management, Business Planning, Professional Consulting experience
- Candidates will be expected to show a portfolio of examples that demonstrates their ability to author business strategies and showcase product management methodology.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.