|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about customers and ensuring they have a positive experience using Microsoft products and services? Have you ever sought out content to help you or a customer use a product or service and felt frustrated because you couldn’t find it, it didn’t answer your question or just didn’t exist? Have you ever found content you were seeking but wondered whether it was the most current version? Any chance you’ve looked at content and thought, this is great, but it needs more information or detail? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then we have the job for you as a Senior Content Publishing Manager in Developer Relations.
As the Sr. Content Publishing Manager, you will be responsible for leading a group of senior content developers who develop technical content for Azure Monitoring and Management services. You will lead a team that’s customer obsessed, technically astute, relentless about technical accuracy, and maniacal about helping customers successfully transition to the cloud. In partnership with your team members you will work with Customer Support, PM and Engineering, Marketing, Cloud Advocates and Customer Experience teams, to capture content requirements for new service releases, changes to services or deprecation of services. Prioritize content deliverables and share sprint plans with business partners to ensure our customers are receiving the most up to date technically accurate content possible. This role will be responsible for influencing decisions around, content archiving, tooling requirements, telemetry, and platform publishing needs for docs.microsoft.com.
The ideal candidate will exude a passion for customers, operational excellence, cross-group and cross-org collaboration. They must demonstrate a Growth mindset, and embrace failing fast to achieve personal and operational growth across the team. Embrace a diverse and inclusive belief that drives a culture/environment where all views are heard and respected.
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Experienced people manager of diverse and inclusive teams with strong people development skills
- Real day-to-day external customer-facing experience
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively with executives and engineering teams
- Experience, assembling, leading and working within strong cross-functional groups and matrixed team environments
- Proven skills and abilities to consistently create positive customer experiences
- Track record of problem-solving ranging from conceptualization to implementation
- Ability to juggle and manage several priorities and drive clarity
- Lead a diverse team with deep technical skills to provide documentation for multiple Azure and non-Azure services and technologies
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively communicate, engage, and be a contributing member the team to drive initiatives to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Promote Cross team collaboration
- Lead geographically disbursed teams
- Partner and collaborate with geographically disbursed business partners
- Oversee monthly sprint deliverables and provide updates to business partners
- Provide ongoing feedback that helps direct reports, learn, grow and develop to achieve career goals and aspirations
- Create and apply Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s) to support team and org primary business objectives
- Coach and mentor others in planning, organizing and coordinating work.
- Identify opportunities to improve our customers experiences (process, tools, technology)
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across engineering, sales, services and partner teams.
- 5+ years people management experience in a Customer support, Content development or Program Management discipline
- 2+ years Cloud industry experience
- Previous experience leading remote and geographically disbursed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work well across a wide variety of personalities, disciplines and organizational levels
- Have excellent customer service skills, good oral and written communication skills, proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations; to lead projects and teams to motivate others.
- Technical proficiency in one or more cloud technologies.
- Consulting and/or Service Delivery experience preferred.
- BA degree in relevant studies or equivalent work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.