|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Microsoft’s vision to help people and business realize their full potential. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
As an LTE Protocol Software/Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation and verification from concept to production on Surface Wireless and LTE products. The position involves working closely with a cross functional team of RF Hardware, Modem Stack, Drivers, FW from teams across Microsoft and external chipset suppliers. Investigate future cellular technologies such as 5G, evaluate test equipment, develop test plan and test automation for new technologies. The Ideal candidate is a strong team player and has a solid knowledge and experience in LTE Software, wireless system architecture and RF Design. The Candidate should be able to work independently with minimal guidance and able define and design test frameworks, define & measure KPI for cellular subsystem to ship world class devices.
- 5+ years of relevant Cellular product development, testing and certification of cellular products.
- Hands-on experience in designing the cellular test plans, product level KPI and methodologies & test infrastructure to achieve these KPIs.
- Good knowledge of Network simulators and their automation framework , design test automation using either Off-the-shelf test framework.
- Software Programming experience C++ and C#, Python
- Experience developing various test scenarios for cellular product such as Data performance, Stress, Mobility, reproducing field problems on simulators for voice and data products.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player with strong verbal and written communication skills. A solid understanding of core wireless technology chipset with system level analysis is required.
- B.S. or better in Computer Science, Math, Computer or Electrical Engineering
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.