|Job Type:||Full Time|
For best results, use Google Chrome to view this page.
A career at Brown-Forman is just like a good bottle of bourbon: unique and refined, with a bit of a kick. Making our products from barrel to bottle requires detailed planning along each step. Just like bourbon production, our employees work in many different aspects to create the best possible product. This way, our customers can enjoy the world-class brands we promise to deliver. Here’s the kicker - we, too, get to enjoy this process, just one of the sweet benefits of leading the market with the world’s favorite whiskey. Whether in the ground, in the store, or in the office, we hand pick all of our ingredients in order to be proud of what we achieve.Jack Daniel Cooperage is seeking new Operator Technicians to join our manufacturing team in Trinity, Alabama. As an Operator Technician you are a member of a team that makes white oak barrels for maturing Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey.
Our culture at Jack Daniel Cooperage is to foster Personal Growth, Collaboration, Teamwork, Self-Initiative and Problem Solving in a Respectful and Safe Environment where every employee has a high degree of Self-Awareness, Accountability, Credibility, Confidentiality, Integrity, and Professional Ethics.
The Starting rate of pay is $16.00/hour and we offer $0.50 shift differential for second shift .We are currently operating on 10 hour/4 days a week shift model. hours: 3:15 PM - 1:45 AM Monday – Thursday.
- Wood Receiving - Support inventory control and wood drying processes to provide adequate supply for production needs.
- Wood Processing – Process staves and heading thru equipment and stacking the finished product. (i.e. planer, jointer, ripsaws and other barrel making equipment)
- Wood Inspection - Apply wood quality specification as determined by our internal quality program.
- Barrel Assembly – Support barrel construction including raising, toasting, charring, and hooping.
- Barrel Inspection- Inspect and repair barrels in compliance with quality control guidelines.
- Operate a forklift and other equipment as/if needed.
- Support our Maintenance Technicians on preventative maintenance tasks and communicate equipment malfunctions.
- Operation Control and Monitoring – Control operation of equipment or systems and watch automated equipment or other indicators to maximize machine efficiency.
- Active Listening – Give full attention to what other team members say, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as needed.
- Quality Control – Conduct test and inspections of barrel parts or processes as determined by quality specifications.
- Reading Comprehension – Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and opportunities with alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to situations.
- Speaking – Speaking to others to convey information effectively and respectfully with all levels of the organization.
- Active Interactions – Interface and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Collaborate – Collaborate across the entire organization to accomplish the business goals.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have 12 months of continuous work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or distribution environment; and/or equivalent military experience; and/or 2 years technical certifications.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate in English fluently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and respectfully with company employees, vendors, contractor, and all levels of management.
- Must have excellent hand and eye coordination
- Must successfully pass drug screening, background check, and physical abilities test.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedules to include weekends, rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to adhere to safety guidelines and company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Must be able and willing to learn and apply all Quality, Environmental and Housekeeping requirements.
- Experience and/or certification to drive a forklift
- Previous experience in wood working facility and/or equipment
- Ability to utilize measuring devices.
- Previous time spent on safety, quality or environmental teams at a manufacturing facility.
- Benefits Available:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (no wait)
- Short term/Long term disability (no wait)
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Holiday Pay (no wait)
- 401K Savings Plan with company match of 5%
Number of Openings Available:0