|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the data analytics and reporting platform team within E+D MARVEL team. MARVEL team is part of Microsoft 365, one of the fastest growing business in the company’s history! Bringing together the latest and greatest versions of Windows, Office, and advanced security features Microsoft 365 is truly the locomotive driving the company’s incredible growth in the cloud with double digit quarter over quarter growth. Microsoft 365 empowers enterprises and small businesses with world’s best productivity tools and services to do more and achieve more. The market opportunity is incredible and when combined with one of the latest Surface devices, Microsoft 365 truly is an unbeatable combination.
The MARVEL team is responsible for delivering amazing experiences for over 2 billion customers across Windows, Office, and Surface. Serving these many customers is a huge responsibility and rare opportunity. The candidate will work as a part of a data engineering team focused on building out the data infrastructure and reporting platform used to deliver key organizational reporting and analysis. Our data team provides a broad suite of detailed reporting that is consumed by content developers, localization, PM, and partner teams. As our volume of data and the demand for analysis and reporting solutions grows, we need a strong and experienced software engineer who can help design, develop, and manage day to day operations within our data infrastructure and pipeline.
- Develop data sets and measures from raw website event logs to help describe and understand various aspects of customer experience on our sites and inform organizational objectives.
- Develop reducers to measures and describe customer actions that span multiple event rows in the logging.
- Validate code to ensure that aggregates, measures, and reducers are accurate at scale.
- Define data quality metrics to monitor ongoing accuracy of the code and monitor for logging or site changes that could impact aggregation logic.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to understand the types of experiences offered on our site, how they are implemented and logged, how they can be measured.
- Advise on logging specs for new features to ensure we can accurately measure impact of new features.
- Help ensure that our data pipeline is efficient, sustainable, well designed, and runs as a service with robust orchestration and quality monitoring.
- Function in developer/ops role for the data platform by ensuring operational efficiency and established data quality assurance processes are met.
- Provide strategic thinking and planning around how we address and support business needs through the use of latest and greatest Microsoft BI stack technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in software engineering, computer science or information systems strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Design, Development, Programming or Engineering role
- Experience coding in C#, Java, T-SQL or Scope
- Technical competence and strong analytical skills
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the importance of live site engineering
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with large-scale Internet services, particularly the analytics systems supporting those services
- Strong customer focus with deep passion for delivering data to end-users that is then used to make data-driven decisions that result in measurable business impact
- Proficiency with large data sets (structured and unstructured) and relational databases
- Data modeling, database design, and database administration skills
- Experience with Web analytics data-collection services preferred
- Experience with Hadoop/Azure Data Factory/Azure Data Lake preferred
- Experience working with big data, HD Insights, and Azure ML preferred
- Experience working with time series analysis and A/B testing preferred
- Experience building traffic models, using machine learning and artificial intelligence preferred
- Exposure to predictive analytics/anomaly detection/statistical modeling/data mining algorithms
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.