|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CE&S (Customer Experience & Success) Business Intelligence team is chartered with delivering strategic & operational insights to a variety of key business stakeholders, including the CE&S Leadership, CE&S Delivery Managers, and cross-Microsoft stakeholders requiring support data insights. We are chartered with two critical, strategic objectives: simplify the data & insights stream for CE&S leaders and enable business transformation with an intense focus on creating & delivering customer centric insights. Our goal is to foster an insights-driven culture and enable the entire organization to make data-driven decisions. To achieve this, we are transforming our data platform capabilities and creating one logical repository & standard taxonomy for all our CE&S data.
The Solution Architect is a critical engineering role on the CE&S BI team. You will bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions. You will champion the solution with a structured approach. You will have conversations with different stakeholders at various levels in their organization: with a business leader about how technology can enable reaching their goals or pursue new opportunities; with an architect about building applications out of services, application security models, role based access control or messaging patterns, with an IT Professional about application monitoring and continuous deployment, and with a developer about design and the code. In this role, you will also need to work closely with Program/Product Managers in their feature areas to ensure that customer requirements are thoroughly understood and reflected in future releases.
And – since we are in the midst of our own digital transformation, you will also need to be adept at managing constant business change, rapidly evolving requirements, adjustments in strategic direction, and emerging technologies. You, your team, and our data platform will need to be agile and flexible, yet strong and disciplined. This is an amazing opportunity to be at the center of building a showcase worthy data capability to support an organization that interacts with thousands of our customers every day.
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, improve data platform, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure Databricks, Spark and/or other Big Data Technologies)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Architect, build and verify the solutions
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Collaborate with other Architects and Engineering Team in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft data platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
- Understand long term vision for technologies and tactical approach to achieving outcomes
- Provide oversight for the buildout and implementation of solutions to ensure that end deliverables align with design and meet the needs of the business
- 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience
- 3+ year of success in complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation of Big Data applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent software/services experience
- 3+ year of success in complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation of Big Data applications (prefer Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Databricks and Azure Data Factory)
- 1+ years of experience in following Data Platform Solution
- Advance Analytics (prefer Azure Data Bricks, data visualization tools such as Power BI)
- Data Science and Machine Learning (prefer Azure ML or similar framework)
- Passion for innovation and customer service
- Ability to inspire customers by communicating complex concepts in a simple, business valued context with proven white boarding capabilities
- Experience working in a solution integration role including data integration and agile methodologies
- Ability to solve customer problems through technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.