|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is looking for a Logistics Manager to join our Fulfillment and Logistics team. This position will play a crucial role in the implementation and execution of our comprehensive end-to-end Supply Chain Strategy. The Logistics Manager is a key member of the Fulfillment and Logistics team and plays a crucial role 1) driving world-class fulfillment and logistics excellence, and 2) managing third party vendor performance at a regional level. The right individual for this role must possess a service mentality with a customer centric mindset with their primary objectives as follows: 1) effectively deliver to market, 2) aggressively manage cost - total cost ownership, 3) enable scale, 4) drive quality service, and 5) support regulatory compliance.
Microsoft is looking for that individual that has proven depth in the fulfillment and/or transportation industry with experience across both the operational and business aspects required for our logistics organization. The role will focus on combinations of inbound, outbound, warehouse operations, and quality assurance. The successful candidate will be able to use analytics to identify improvement opportunities and then work cross-functionally to implement the changes.
Microsoft supply chain is a constantly changing ecosystem and the right individual will need to be able to deal with ambiguity, plan for success while being tenacious at mitigating failure, make decisions and drive, and above all, be a great partner. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual with the right passion that embraces change management as we look to reinvent and transform those elements of our supply chain required to enable success today, tomorrow, and for the future.
Subject Matter Expert:
- Serves as a functional expert in logistics, warehouse management, and quality assurance
- Creates and maintains strong cross-functional teams and strategic alliances to achieve objectives
- Develops, implements, and manages operational and financial KPls
- Collaboratively influences change within supply chain and external vendors
- Ensures vendors meet or exceed Microsoft security requirements
Management and Planning:
- Manages and executes performance metric goals and leads root cause analysis to enable continual improvement
- Achieves world-class excellence through change management and by driving process improvements
- Drives analytics and delivers financial and operations performance analysis
- Acts as the focal point of communication with key stakeholders, including internal and external customers at all levels
- Collaborates with Channel and Category teams within Global Supply Chain to develop and execute plans to achieve all business objectives
- Responsible for leading logistics vendors’ execution in a manner that is compliant with MS Company policies and procedures
- Ten or more years of experience Operations Management
- Seven or more years of experience managing outsourced transportation logistics services
- Three or more years of operational experience at a logistics provider and distribution experience
- Experience managing across customer segments from Retail, Distributor, Consumer, Enterprise, etc. is a plus
- Proven ability to implement and execute programs in support of corporate strategy
- Proven capability of handling complex program management
- Hands on working experience with logistics management systems (TMS, WMS, etc.)
- First-hand knowledge and working experience of domestic and international logistics management of tax, trade, and import/export
- Demonstrated project management experience leading large scale projects
- Proficient in complex data modeling and analysis. Able to translate data into business recommendations.
- Proven cross-functional leadership (internal or external)
- Strong critical thinking and resolution in ambiguous situations
- Self-driven initiative to gain and share a broader knowledge of supply chain
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree business, supply chain, operations, management, or engineering
- MBA is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.