|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer who has worked with teams of artists, designers, and engineers to work on our engine team building the tech to enable Minecraft and the Minecraft Marketplace to build amazing game experiences. An attention to detail, being self-motivated and an ability to create results in a highly flexible environment are a must.
- Develops elegant designs and tests that identify and eradicate product or service-wide problems and align to multiple-release product or service plans and feature area architecture.
- Leads by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects. Finds and fixes classes of defects.
- Ensures consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable test infrastructure, draws from a large base of design patterns, is an expert in available technologies, and is adept at identifying practices that work well.
- Leads by example within the team by producing simple, extensible, and maintainable code with very few defects and contributes to effective test plans.
- Optimizes, refactors and reuses code to improve performance and maintainability – ensuring maximum efficiency, effectiveness, and return on investment.
- Uses technical knowledge of the product or service design and code to identify risks and prevent classes of bugs.
- Leads design and code reviews across the feature area, understands the root causes of issues, and finds ways to resolve them.
- Optimizes team processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identifies and resolves teamwork issues. Engages and maintains consistent communication with all relevant parties until issues are resolved.
- 8+ years of C++ software engineering experience
- 5+ years of game play experience (ie. AI, movement controllers, pathfinding, object systems, etc.)
- Experience with other parts of game development such as rendering, networking, memory management, etc.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Previously shipped at least one game on PC or console
- Familiar with Pix or similar performance analysis software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly prototype and iterate
- Eye for detail, and a hunger for excellence
- Self-directed and takes initiative to drive progress
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.