|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a groundbreaking Azure product that will democratize the Internet of Things (IoT) for mass markets? IoT has become a pivotal wave of technology powering digital transformation across a number of industries such as manufacturing, utilities, retail, healthcare, and government. Analysts and journalists recognize Microsoft as an IoT leader, with solutions like Azure IoT Central (App Platform/SaaS), Azure Digital Twins (PaaS), Azure IoT Hub (PaaS), and Azure IoT Edge leading the way. Come join us and help build the next generation of IoT experience.
Azure IoT Central is an IoT app platform that helps organizations build IoT solutions with ease by providing key capabilities out of the box spanning device connectivity, device management, edge computing, advanced analytics, and command & control functionality. The Data and Insights team within IoT Central is responsible for making it easier for the device operators to manage their devices at a large scale. Our team focusses on data analytics, data transformation, rules and alerts to enable operators stay on top of the issues impacting the devices. Your contributions will be pivotal in ensuring customers can reliably use the data from connected devices to transform their business.
We are looking for candidates with a growth mindset, curiosity, and eagerness to help simplify IoT solution development for our customers and partners. You will collaborate with other program managers to scope key features throughout the product, designers to envision transformative experiences, researchers and end customers to garner insights about our users, and developers to build performant, reliable, and compliant frontend and backend capabilities. Our diverse team values a respectful and engaging atmosphere and has passion for improving engineering practices along with building excellent products.
- Contribute to the vision and priorities for Azure IoT Central, specifically focusing on the data and insights area
- Lead, drive, and help author the core feature work and end-to-end customer scenarios
- Work closely with engineers, partners, and stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements and ensure alignment on scenarios
- Listen and learn directly from customers and through customer data to ensure we’re making correct decisions each step of the way
- Translate ideas into reality by writing feature specifications and driving for results throughout the entire product development cycle
- Partner with the marketing and business teams to identify target customers, value propositions, customer promises, and go-to-market strategies
Author the product documentation, samples/demos, and customer/field readiness material for your areas of responsibility.
- 5+ years experience in program/product management delivering high-quality software services.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, similar engineering discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- You care deeply about doing the right thing for your customers
- You have a growth mindset and are eager and ready to learn
- Program management or product management experience on a SaaS product
- Previous experience in data intensive services
- Interest in IoT devices and IoT solutions
- Experience performing market analysis, competitor tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.