|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a deeply technical Principal Program Manager to come and join the Azure Quality Infrastructure (AQI) team, reporting out of the Azure E+P Office of the CTO. Azure’s customers continually express that solid fundamentals are their highest priority, and the AQI team was formed to address that need. The AQI team facilitates projects that span the entirety of Azure, working directly with senior members of leadership to affect impactful changes on the way the organization thinks about and improves the quality of Azure’s infrastructure and services.
As a Principal Program Manager on the AQI team, you will have the incredible opportunity to work on business-critical initiatives that directly contribute to the future of Azure’s business. You must be deeply technical and be able to ramp up in new areas quickly since your responsibilities will span all areas of Azure’s business. Exceptional public speaking, writing, and interpersonal relationship skills are also required since you will represent the Office of the CTO when interfacing with members of senior leadership, and when proposing and facilitating the design of features that span whole organizations within Azure.
- 10+ years of Program Management, Product Management, Technical Program Management, Software Engineering, Architecture, Cloud Solution Architecture, Customer Software Engineering, Field Engineering or similar experiences
- BA/BS degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience in lieu of education.
- Experienced in guiding partners and/or customers thru adoption life cycle with hands-on guidance, reference architectures and depth engagement
- Customer obsession coupled with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge and experiences with Azure and/or other public cloud platforms
- Effective presentation skills and experience with engaging audiences of all levels
- Effective in rapidly evolving environments and working across organizational boundaries
- Experienced in advocating for customer and partner success
- Self-starter, skilled-listener, strong collaborator, strong writing skills
- Avid learner, who enjoys researching new techniques and best practices, as well as teaching others
- Advanced degrees (MS or PhD in engineering)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.