|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a Data Engineering specialist in Analytics space? Do you have a rich history of crafting innovative solutions utilizing Hadoop, Spark, Presto or Data Lakes? Are you challenged by large scale projects utilizing billions of records to drive and innovate product experiences for end-users? Does this sound exciting to help modernize a petabyte scale big data and analytics platform? Then this is the role for you.
The Observability and Insights(OI) Engineering team, part of the WebXT Platform Services, have been modernizing our petabyte scale big data and analytics platform to help provide personalized news experience on MSFT canvases. Our charter includes collecting product signals from product teams across WebXT including MSN and other Content Services, providing observability/analytics /insights that drive product innovation and business reporting for the all up News org (1PP) and content provider (3PP) network. We also build audience segmentation and campaigns/personalization for better product alignment and user understanding. We seek to understand ad alignment and usage with our products as well as share optimizations with internal product and finance teams and develop AI/ML capabilities to support content and product personalization to name a few.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior level developer who can help build scalable analytics/insights platform and set a high bar for performance and usability. We are interested in challenging the status quo and finding better ways of doing things and continually developing a growth mindset. You will be working on interesting and exciting use cases that combine mission critical user/usage/revenue data; processing at big data scale and need for generating real-time insights. You will be working in a hybrid technology space that combines the best from Azure and open source world. Other responsibilities include:
- Plan, build roadmap for longer data strategies, data foundation, data assets to drive longer term needs for the team and partners
- Design, build and own the optimal data processing architecture and systems for new data and analytics pipelines, dashboards and metrics leveraging Azure and open source technologies
- Build core datasets as well as scalable and fault-tolerant pipelines
- Build data anomaly detection, data quality checks, and optimize pipelines for ideal compute and storage systems while guaranteeing high quality and SLA datasets
- Collaborate with cross functional partners including data scientists, product managers and software engineers to design and develop end-to-end data assets that help improve our products.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more high level languages (C#, C++, Java, F#, Scala), data manipulation (SQL, Hadoop, Spark), NoSql DBs, and/ or BI Tools; Experience in Spark and OLAP tools preferred
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Has an obsession for tangible and demonstrable value that is well rewarded
- Has strong user empathy with an obsession for clean and functional user experiences, constantly thinking of our end-users
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies
- Experience in building big data engineering initiatives
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.