|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be a part of the team which is committed to position Microsoft as the market leader in Maps and Geospatial Services? Are you excited about transforming Microsoft Azure Maps and Geospatial product into the destination of choice for developers, businesses, and end users?
Do you enjoy work in a start-up like environment? If you are looking for an opportunity to innovate and invent the future of maps and geo location, read on!
Microsoft Azure Maps and Geospatial Team is looking for an experienced "Principal Software Engineer" with rich industry experience and diverse skills ranging from traditional distributed computing to hands-on expertise in large scale machine learning.
This position offers great opportunities in develop successful careers and demonstrating strong technical and business leadership.
You will provide strong technical leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain a data and results driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust.
As a technical leader contributing in delivering premium maps quality and experiences internationally, very often one has to resort to using advanced geospatial and machine learning algorithms in keys areas such as maps data conflations and publishing, search and geocoding, user location, traffic and routing, rendering and controls. Bring your experience to the team through design review, code review, driving large scale architecture and mentoring while helping the team build an inclusive culture where everyone can do their best work.
- 5+ years design and development of large-scale enterprise level solutions and services is required
- 8+ years of experience in software design and development is required
- Extensive experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Location based service, maps or geospatial industry experience is nice to have
- Good balance between theoretical and pragmatic execution capabilities, and the ability to understand implementation complexity and estimate development costs
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners to create win-wins
- Strong algorithm and analytical background and very good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real world problems
- Proficient in C#, .NET Framework or other equivalent programming language
- Strong growth mindset with the ability to deliver innovative solutions solving challenging business and technical problems.
- Experience in data modeling, analytics, data mining and machine learning strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required; MS / PhD or equivalent experience is desired
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.