|Job Type:||Full Time|
TheXbox CloudGaming team is looking for an experiencedServiceEngineeringLeadwith a track record and passion forshippingservicesefficientlyat scale. #GamingJobs
Are you obsessed with helpingcustomers andpartner experiences materialize?Do you loveorchestrating across tech stacksandorganizationsto driveprocess and costefficiencies through automation?Do youdeliverright-sizedservicesthat are responsive tocurrentneedsand can grow with the business?Do you enjoy collaboratingwith stakeholders to defineandimplementservicemetrics,architectures,operabilityand customer scenarios that meet the needs of the business?If so, we want to talk with you.
You willleada small team todelivertools and processesthat enableoperational excellenceacross all aspects of the new Cloud Gamingstreaming service:operational health insights for performance, reliability and availability,serverhardwarelifecycle management,incident response readiness,andservicessupportinfrastructure.
Collaboration, diversity,leadership,lean process,transparency,and self-direction areessentialin this position. You can expect to be given room to grow personally and professionally.
- Manage a small team to build automationand experiencesfor seamlessexternal partneronboarding, title ingestion,livesitemanagementand datacenter operations integration.
- Deliver tooling and monitoring foroverallplatformperformance, reliability,securityandcost efficacy.
- Drive and deliver overall operational strategy and capabilities as xCloud expands in new regions, to new markets and new devices.
- Participate in on-call incident management rotation supporting engineering teamlivesiteinvestigations.
- Fostera healthy, dynamic, all-inclusive team culture andattract best-in-class talentto build ahigh-performing organization.
- 6+ years professional coding experience in relevant languages (e.g. C/C++/C#)
- 4+years experienceleading small high-performingengineeringteams.
- 8+yearsservicereliability engineering.
- Excellent skills in design, debugging, and problemsolving
- Self-directed, initiative to drive issues to conclusion, regardless of organizational structure and teamboundaries.
- Passion for large-scale distributed system development; experience with Azure a plus.
- Experience delivering operational frameworks and automationthatemploy strictsecurity standards, customer feedback loops,and health monitoring.
- Motivated to learn challenging technical domains.
- Master’sdegree or equivalent experience.
Ability to meetMicrosoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- MicrosoftCloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass theMicrosoftCloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.