|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the #2 cloud platform in the world and is expanding the reach and experience of the cloud to new deployment models on the edge. At Microsoft, we are working to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
At ASME, we are looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer with experience in digital design, development and productization of computer hardware modules and platforms for our next-generation of Azure Edge devices and systems. This role will require proven experience in hardware development processes including specification, design, prototype, verification, productization and support. You will work with internal Engineering teams and our ODMs/hardware partners on current and next-generation commercial and ruggedized products. You will be part of the team that is driving the next-generation Azure Edge.
- Engineering and delivery ownership of hardware development deliverables and systems that support the Azure Edge product portfolio
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop proposals and specifications for modules, platforms, and systems
- Perform engineering and execution oversight of the hardware development plan, processes, and deliverables with external partners/ODMs
- Collaborate, work and drive project deliverables with in-house HW Design, HW Test, Firmware, Software, Mechanical/thermal and Operations teams throughout the product development process and lifecycle
- Application of hardware design, debug, test plan, verification experience in high-speed digital, PCBA and platform system development
- Engineering engagement with hardware component suppliers, OEMs, and ODMs
- Drive/contribute to RCA and CA process to address design defects and quality issues
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent years experience
- 7+ years experience in digital hardware board/computer system design and product development
- Experience with 32/64 bit CPUs, chipsets, memory, I/O buses and network interfaces
- Experience with power supplies, DC/DC converters and analog design is a plus
- Experience and familiarity with computer mother-board architecture, x86, Xeon, AMD or ARM processors, chipsets, PCI-Express bus, Ethernet, and data networking protocols. Familiarity with NVMe and SATA drives is a plus
- Experience managing component suppliers and Outsource Design Manufacturers (ODM) or hardware design partners
- Experience developing Test specifications, processes and methods used in the functional verification and qualification of complex PCBAs/computer
- Strong hands-on expertise in hardware verification testing, diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in HW debug and lab instruments such as oscilloscope and logic analyzers
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have skills to work independently and as part of a larger development team and have demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Some travel may be required
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing test methods including DFT (design-for-test), Boundary Scan, JTAG and programming tools
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.