|Location:||San Jose, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Salesforce CPQ expert with an architecting mindset to join our growing team and to take our CPQ implementation to the next level.
The person in this role will be responsible for oversight of strategic, cross-functional programs for Go-to-Market functions. To meet the company’s financial and strategic business objectives, this candidate builds trusted relationships with functional partners and teams that result in aligned focus on delivering outcomes / experiences supported by a clear technology and information strategy, prioritized plans, process maturity, disciplined execution and predictable, high quality delivery of day-to-day technology and information services.
In your role, you will be responsible for the success and happiness of your business customers. You will be working for a scrum team dedicated to cross-functional business unit and you are responsible for the end-to-end solution, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and gathering metrics. Your business customers will look to you to provide any and all technical services—design, config, software development, and testing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
As a CPQ expert, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of business process supporting the Salesforce CPQ application. Additionally, you will also work with the several business partners, end-users and their management to improve processes and workflows.
- Deliver Salesforce CPQ and Salesforce.com platform updates as a core member of a team responsible for the design, development, testing and release of enhancements and strategic projects
- Facilitate design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of CPQ platform for Direct and Channel Sales teams by partnering with different functions such as Deal Desk, Channel Ops, Order Management, Pricing and Packaging, etc.
- Develop and maintain technical design documents related to system architecture
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting
- Support the integration of CPQ system with the ERP system
- Responsible for owning system configuration and user setup as needed. Configure fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, saved searches and dashboards
- Experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases and deployment plans as needed
- Documenting, maintaining standardization and dedicatedly seeking ways to constantly improve processes & procedures
- Identify the root cause of defects and develop fixes in the system
- Collaborate closely with technical staff to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities
- Provide pre- and post-implementation technical support
- Ability to prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills
Requirements & Skills
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst/implementing consultant/solutions architect supporting Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick) platform
- 8+ years of experience with declarative development on the Force.com platform
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Strong subject matter expertise with core SaaS principles: Quoting, Subscription Management, Billing and Revenue Recognition
- Experience in developing business process and requirements for integrating CPQ with external systems such as CRM, CLM and ERP
- Deep understanding of Salesforce CPQ and overall Salesforce ecosystem
- Deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles
- Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification required
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company using applications like Salesforce, NetSuite, Boomi, etc. is a plus
Nice to Have
- Experience configuring Salesforce Communities
- Experience analyzing and building salesforce applications for Partners
- Experience implementing CPQ for Partners
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.