|Job Type:||Full Time|
With Azure Sentinel, Microsoft is redefining SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) for the cloud era. It leverages cutting-edge cloud technology, big data, machine learning and AI to empower Security Operations Centers to defend against increasingly sophisticated and rapidly evolving cyberthreats.
Azure Sentinel was selected as one of the 10 new hottest cybersecurity tools by CRN, capturing the market’s attention for allowing businesses to better assess, prioritize, detect, and respond to threats by automating repeatable processes and ensuring security teams are dealing with the most important alerts.
Our global product team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced and passionate designer to join us in our journey. This position offers a unique opportunity to help build one of the most exciting products in cyber security. We are a high-performing team that challenges ourselves to live the Microsoft philosophies around inclusive culture and growth mindset.
As a product designer in this group, you'll help build a great product in an agile environment, from the early stages of feature planning all the way to guaranteeing flawless implementation.
- Design experiences that help people in the security field extract more value from our product
- Communicate and build consensus around all aspects of the design direction
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements
- Provide continuing, hands-on design support to engineering crews during software development to ensure a high-quality end-product
- 6+ years of experience in product design of highly complex systems
- Education qualification in human-computer interaction, visual design or industrial design or highly related field
- Hands-on experience creating prototypes, wireframes, icons and other visual assets, testing them directly with customers and iterating based on research insights
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates your creative thinking, visual design skills, design process, UX flows and interaction patterns. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered
- Passion for UX design and strong command of usabilityprinciples, information hierarchy, task analysis, personas and design systems.
- Ability to create user workflows, mockupsand prototypes to communicate and validate design decisions
- Creative problem solver, able to think holistically and at the same time have sharp eye for details
- Experience with conducting user research studies, synthesis of feedback, and design of inspiring solutions based on customer insights
- Strong visual design/layout/typography skills
- Proficient at scoping and estimating efforts accurately, prioritizing tasks and goals independently, and rapidly producing deliverables
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work closely with group of product managers and developers, as part of a design team
- Self-motivated with outstanding proactive communication and presentation skills
- Expert in design tools such as Figma and the Adobe Creative Cloud
Advantage: experience with cyber security products
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.