|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be on the leading edge of cloud data management and governance? Technology is pervasive in every aspect of our lives. The more technology our customers use - the more data they create and the more companies are driving their business with data-driven insights. Companies want to get the full business insights out of their data while keeping their longstanding privacy and compliance commitments to their customers. Microsoft has lead the way in our data privacy and data governance initiatives through compliance programs that focused on achieving GDPR Compliance. The Azure Data Governance team is responsible for developing data compliance and data governance services that are globally available on Azure.
Microsoft is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Program Manager to join the Azure Data Governance team to partner with Azure customers in defining and delivering a strategy for data and Privacy and Risk insights. Customers are in all phases of their data lifecycle and depend on companies like Microsoft to incorporate data governance and compliance into their core data platforms. The primary role is to clarify scenarios and requirements with enterprise customers and to partner across Azure Data to deliver next generation privacy and risk insights capability. As a part of this effort, the team is looking to continue to develop a deep understanding of customer pain points and unblock customer usage of Azure as a platform.
This role focuses on Azure customers both inside and outside of the company helping to drive adoption of Azure Data services. Successful candidates will bring a growth mindset, great interpersonal skills, strong data and technical background, and a passion for data privacy and compliance.
The successfully candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Drive strategy for evolving our privacy data governance insights for external and internal customers
- Lead technical and compliance conversations with customers to prioritize, define, and validate data compliance and privacy features
- Work with internal customers to understand requirements and pain points across different data fabrics
- Partner with teams across Azure Data to influence data fabric roadmaps
- Develop and participate in partner engagement activities
- Collaborate with internal and external privacy program managers on privacy and compliance policy
- 5+ years of professional program management or product management experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Experience with data privacy, security, or compliance policies such as GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA
- Experience with data or data pipeline feature development
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next customer
- The ability to partner closely with both internal and external customers and partners
- Knowledge of the market and industry: competitors and customer needs
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of data and cloud services
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.