|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office 365 is the locomotive that is driving the growing Microsoft valuation, and critical to the future of the company. Substrate is the set of intelligent, high value services and compliant environment that is enabling the next generation of transformative end-user experiences for Office and the entire company.
The Office 365 Management Platform team is building the next generation shared compute platform for Office using Kubernetes and containers. This compute platform will have a scale of multi-million cores. It must meet the office compliance and security bar. Platform will support windows as well as Linux. This is an opportunity for you to get in and influence the early thinking.
- Build and operate services of the new globally scalable platform
- Influence and create new designs and architectures
- Have a passion for secure, reliable, scalable and maintainable code
- Write code and test cases for feature development
- Working closely with partner teams to build a cohesive product
- 5 years of professional software development experience
- BS/BA in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience
- Proficiency in C# or C/C++ or Java, and strong design, implementation, and debugging skills
- Experience with distributed systems
- Demonstrated technical excellence and commitment to quality
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Containers is a strong plus
- Flexible, self-motivated, team player
- Knowledge of email systems a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.