|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent chat, video meetings, file storage and apps. Teams is a ground up product, completely built on Azure cloud platform and cutting-edge Web technologies, serving millions of users world-wide, at scale.
We, in Teams Platform, are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join us and be part of an exciting journey in redefining workplace productivity solutions, that scale to millions of users and multitude of platforms and devices. You will be empowered to make product-wide technical decisions and directly impact the outcomes for this flagship product, working in a dynamic and collaborative environment. You will be leading a team of best in class engineers, solve a lot of technical challenges and customer pain points. Most critically, your work will yield immediate business impact and customer delight.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build services and experiences that millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their daily lives.
- Defining and implementing the architecture for large complex components
- Working with Program Management counterpart to define and design new features
- Implementing new features with high quality, validation, and robust deployment plans
- Experience leading, mentoring, and growing a team of software engineers
- Providing technical leadership for strategic initiatives and guiding the broader team
- Creating unit tests, automation, performance tests, and monitoring and alerts for live services
- Demonstrating a passion for customers and technology
- 8+ years relevant software industry experience
- 1+ years of experience managing full stack engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
- Excellent solution design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills
- Experience in building and shipping large-scale distributed services, preferably on Azure platform
- Experience with modern web technologies like Node.js, Angular, React, Typescript
- Customer obsession and experience in running live site for services used by millions of users every day
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.