Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions. Responsible for technical QA delivery platform of new capabilities to support continuous integration or continuous delivery in support of applications integrating with Jenkins. Work with other internal information technology teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture and Database teams and serve as the technical project lead for internal projects, overseeing and reviewing the activities. Act as technical resource and participate in the change management review and problem incident report discussions. Implement capacity management as business practice for release environment management team working with other middleware and infrastructure teams.
- Performs root cause analysis and problem solving involving various infrastructure, such as databases, middleware platforms, and vendor applications across test environments.
- Analyzes existing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements and strives to automate manual processes for existing tools and operations
- Provides support for users of test environment (development team and other partner groups) for a particular application systems
- Participates in planning and implementation of project code deployments and Infrastructure updates to Test environments with minimal intervention to testing.
- Collaborates with Test Planners, Test Leads and QAs to understand project and test requirements and consults for appropriate test environment needs. Tests entrance readiness, applications making changes, codes overlaps across all projects testing in the same release/environment,
- Build and Maintain tools for frictionless environment management experience.
- Execute and look for opportunities to optimize the Release Management environments to provide a quality test environment to our customers.
- Perform root-cause analysis of defects to identify and implement solutions and process improvements
- Ensure our test environments are Security Compliant
- Automate the deployment, scaling, and management of Test Environments using the CICD infrastructure.
- Drive zero defect quality and provide details on quality issues, trends and preventive actions
- Requires the ability to lead work groups formed by several disparate teams
- Work closely with multiple teams in an agile environment and provide mentorship to other team members when needed
- Display an entrepreneurial mind set and seek practical ‘out of box’ solutions
- Collaborate with Value Stream Architects, Quality Architects and Test Data Management Architects to design and build Test Environments to measure progress on quality engineering roadmap and delivery outcomes
- Support a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the payments industry or equivalent experience
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the payments industry or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Foundation
Bonus Points If You Have
- Prior working knowledge on life cycle management of containerized, bare metal and virtualized infrastructure environments including architecture, deployments and operations
- Experience in projects involving design, automation and rollout out of enterprise workloads and applications on Docker, Kubernetes and Microservice based environments
- Hands-on knowledge of server OS and virtualization solutions used for on-premise infrastructure including VMWare, KVM, LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) on x86, Dell and HP server infrastructure
- Experience on mainframe code (COBOL), JCL , DB2, CICS, VSAM, MQ, QMF, CLIST, Endevor, Smartis, and OPC Scheduler.
- Scripting skills using Python, Ansible, Puppet/Chef/CFEngine, Terraform
- Exposure to applications developed on AWS, PCF or similar platforms
- Ability to read and analyze application logs, GC logs, thread dumps, head dumps etc. Experience in JVM and SQL queries performance tuning
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and resource leaks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills
- Experienced with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
- Ability to collaborate with application, technical and value stream architects and software development engineers to ensure design for quality practices and tooling are formulated and adhered
- Ability to collaborate with sr. management for managing quality deliverables and outcomes
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of REST, RPC service patterns and web sockets and other client/server interaction models is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.