|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
As ADMs, we provide leadership to development teams which are deploying solutions using the latest development tools and methodologies. We work together with experienced developers to ensure customers have the skills to develop, deploy and maintain their solution in line with industry best practices. The ADM role will give you the chance to be the trusted advisor to developers, architects, and key decision makers with whom you will build a relationship to understand their priorities, challenges, and technical goals across our on-premises and cloud technologies. Along with your own technical skills you will have access to your local team, the wider Microsoft technical community, and a global network of expertise to deliver on the goal of improving the quality of software delivery for your clients. You will build and own a delivery plan which includes: strategic advice, solution architecture assessments, workshops, prototyping, design reviews, code reviews, performance benchmarking, and general development consultancy. Your delivery plan will generate high levels of customer satisfaction through the value it adds to a client's business over an extended, long term engagement.
As an ADM, you will:
- Be part of a thriving developer practice that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers' experience, software development goals and use of cloud technology
- Work with customers to identify business requirements
- Create functional requirement documents and functional designs
- Craft high-level and detailed design documents and implement innovative solutions using the most recent technologies
- Continually learn and grow professionally
- Take a leadership role on projects
- Mentor other ADMs to share your knowledge and experience
- Deep technical and architectural knowledge of at least 3 of the following areas and broad understanding across the Microsoft development toolset and server products:
- Cloud technologies (e.g. Azure, Office 365, Dynamics, AWS, Google Cloud)
- .NET technologies up to the latest version (e.g. WCF, WF, MVC)
- Server Systems (e.g. BizTalk, SQL, SharePoint, Dynamics)
- Client Systems (e.g. Modern apps, Mobile)
- Application Lifecycle Management (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, TFS)
- Solution Architecture (e.g. SOA, enterprise architectures)
- B.Sc./B.A. or equivalent work experience combined with a relevant industry experience in a consulting role related to software development, solution delivery, or cloud solutions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and customers
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
- Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.