|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to directly impact a franchise that reaches millions of players every month?Does the idea of a fast-paced, supportive, continually evolving, customer-centric environment focused on delivering amazing entertainment excite you? Would you like to help us create compelling new experiences for multiple platforms, including mobile, Xbox, and Windows? Do you seek to creategame art cross-disciplinarily throughout the various stages of development (from early pre-production prototypes to post-ship content support?
The 343 Industry Publishing team is looking for an Art Generalist whowill work closely with our Art Director to create both look-development targets and corrective guidance for the numerous development partners our team collaborates with. We’re looking for a person who canwork across a variety of art software, as well as old and modern game engines, to create 3D and 2D assets ranging from environment art to character armor,and even layout and graphic design. Working directly with the art director, you will be creating everything fromquality-bar-setting exemplary assets for our development partners to strive for, as wellasfixing existingartand correcting assets submitted by partners forpast,on-going,and future Halo products.This job straddles the line between high end artistic creativity in modern tool sets and hands on implementation and reformatting of assetsinprevious titles with old-school fidelity.Our titles include Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo Wars 2, Spartan Assault, and unannounced future projects that you willhelp bring to life!
The Art Generalist is responsible for supporting the publishing team and Art Director with all types of art-related implementation, creation, editing and execution for a variety of assets, spanning in-game work, marketing art support, and miscellaneous shop keeping for the art side of the team’s efforts across multiple games.
You will be expected to learn existing/legacy game pipelines to a level where you can update assets from previous titles both 2D and 3D. This would include PC, Console, and Mobile tools, various proprietary engines and Unreal editor. You’ll also be asked to contribute to potential future work with 3D prototyping of level and character art, weapon/vehicle/asset art, bar setting visuals and in-engine conception and block-ins. Your efforts will inform, supplement, and guide our external partners in their current and future work across all of thePub Team’s titles.
- Supporting AD vision and directives by creating, exemplifying, and implementing art assets to specification for both in-game application and conceptual purposes that instruct partners or other disciplines
- 3D modeling and texturing
- Ability to create and edit in-game and reference assets in compatible 3D packages
- General knowledge of each game’s engine and art authoring tools, both proprietary and off-the-shelf packages, like Unreal
- 2D art / UI implementation
- Marketing art support and creation as assigned by AD
- In-engine Prototyping
- Generating rough 3D building block props for quickly establishing proportions and scale
- Working with AD to generate high end visual targets and other reference materials
- Managing and organizing art assets for internal/external use
- Giving feedback and helping partners understand pipelines, art/lore rules, and correct implementation methods, and quality control
- Contribute creatively and provide feedback for cross discipline features
The successful candidate must have:
- 3years professional3D/2D game artexperience, AAA preferred
- Portfolio featuring a range of game artworkacross different disciplines(environment, props,armorsetc)
- Experience withAutodeskMaya required.
- Unreal experience required.
- Zbrushskillshighly preferred.
- Familiarity with version control software such as perforce
- Other 3D packages,Substance,After Effects, Illustrator a big plus
- VFX basic knowledge a big plus.
- Must havestrongknowledge of modern game asset development principles and techniques(PBRetc).
- Thoroughunderstanding of the economy of building assets for real timeenvironmentsrequired.
- Artistshould have strong time management and communication skills.
- The ability to quickly grasp new technicalconceptsrequired.
- Self-starter / proactive problem solver
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.