|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications and productivity pane for the modern workplace. We are fast becoming THE hub for teamwork in Office 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams. Microsoft Teams just announced 75M daily users, cementing it as the fastest growing business application in Microsoft history.
We are looking for a great full-stack Senior Software Engineer to help us in the next phase of growth, driving features in on-boarding, integration, and engagement to help us enable the success of the next 100M users. This will include extending our current engagement platform and working with our data science and machine learning engineers to prioritize and implement features that will enable new organizations and new users to succeed with teams.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds, thrive through teamwork, and are grounded in our customer needs. The team collaboration space is going through rapid growth, enabling engineers in Teams to learn new technologies and grow their career quickly.
- We use front-end tools like React, Apollo, GraphQL, and Typescript along with middle-tier and backend pipelines and services to drive customer engagement
- We love making products that are usable, discoverable and well-integrated into our customer’s ecosystem
- We are data-driven in our decision making; we test proposals against customer experience and engagement, and work on the highest value capabilities to improve customer experience
- We take pride in highly reliable systems that work across tens of millions of users
- You have architectural understanding of connected apps (like Teams) and supporting backend services
- You have a strong sense of craftsmanship in the solutions you create and an idea about how software should and should not be built
- You seek out opportunities to learn new skills and technologies
- You have a history of successful software delivery
- You help other engineers succeed
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop our overall product vision for growth as well as strategies on how to realize the vision by identifying technical challenges & proposing solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain engagement platform, data pipelines, and other components that drive customer success.
- Help stand up scalable & reliable services with great monitoring and support
- Champion best practices, tools and processes for a data-driven, quality-focused release of Microsoft Teams as frequently as possible to our customers
- Mentor and foster technical excellence on the engineering team
- 5+ years hands on development experience
- Experience operationalizing and supporting services
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Data driven, customer focused, and organized
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.