|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial cloud products. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 200+ distinct capabilities available in 50+ regions.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global Infrastructure is hiring an exceptional Principal Technical Program Manager to bring focus on meeting Azure’s global availability promise and serve growing customer demand around the world. We create and drive policy, tools and programs to ensure all Microsoft cloud offerings can be made available globally – across all public regions and national clouds. This includes planning for Azure regions, data centers in new geographies and collaborating cross-group with multiple Azure teams (including Azure CO + I, CSCP, networking and other Azure service teams) to plan and execute on landing the required services in the new Azure regions. This role requires an appreciation of customer demand regarding Azure services and influencing multiple teams to drive global expansion and help unblock large revenue opportunities for Azure and other C + AI products. Strong technical project management skills, including ability to identify technical blockers and working to resolve them across different teams, identifying risks ahead of time & putting the right risk mitigations in place is key to be successful in this role.
- Build end to end plans to deliver regions and data centers with right high availability, business continuity and disaster recover, geo-political and data geo-residency.
- Define program, measures and success criteria to achieve service and feature parity across Azure public regions/national clouds and drive work to deliver on these outcomes
- Work closely with various product engineering teams in Azure to understand constraints, motivate and drive global expansion priorities and enable them to meet/unblock global and sovereign region demand
- Develop frameworks, tools, data models and automation to scale programs across 100s of teams and 1000s of engineers
- Build technical depth in tools and processes used to deploy Azure services and use this understanding to track and unblock service deployments
- Collaborate with Azure stakeholders and Microsoft field and marketing organizations to understand demand and prioritize service landing across multiple geographies
- Channel risks and issues through matrixed management chain to drive resolution
- BS or higher degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 10+ years of technical program management experience
- Cloud and infrastructure knowledge, including IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Experience with system architecture and design, including considerations such as latency, high availability and disaster recovery.
- 5+ experience working cross-group stakeholders while driving consensus and issue resolution
- 5+ years of experience with project planning, execution and management landing projects at quality, on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting to internal audiences
- Prior PM or engineering experiencing building cloud infrastructure and/or services
- Technical expertise to build trust with technical teams and architects
- Demonstrated customer focus and end-to-end thinking for technical projects
- Experience in establishing processes, frameworks and tools to drive governance projects across large teams
- Prior experience in working in geographies that may have unique technical requirements based on geo-political landscape and data-residency/privacy requirements
- Highly effective communication with senior stakeholders including General Manager level audiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.