|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cybersecurity Group Engineering Manager
Do you enjoy software development and working directly with customers? Are you excited about applying your cybersecurity expertise across a broad spectrum of domains including Cloud Native, DevOps, IoT, Machine Learning, and High Scale Compute? Do you want to lead an organization of likeminded security and identity experts to advance Microsoft capabilities?
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers who are looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We sit side-by-side with our customers to collaboratively innovate custom solutions tailored to solve their challenges and accelerate their path to production on the Microsoft Cloud. We help shape the future of our platforms by partnering with our product groups to improve our customer’s experience, contribute to open source, and make contributions to open source.
As the Cybersecurity Group Engineering Manager you will manage the global teams of security and identity subject matter experts that support our CSE customer engagements, and partner with our Microsoft product engineering teams to build assets that de-risk and accelerate customers building on Microsoft cloud. If you enjoy thinking about challenging engineering problems, exploring new technologies and leading others to do the same, CSE would be a great fit for you.
- Manage and grow the global CSE Cybersecurity engineering teams. Grow strong managers that model an inclusive, inspiring and collaborative environment that fosters growth for all engineers in the organization.
- Provide Cybersecurity technical leadership throughout the CSE organization, with the Microsoft Product teams, and with the OSS community.
- Collaborate closely with PM to clarify, understand, prioritize and refine customer requirements and scenarios.
- Author architecture/component designs, implement code, and debug issues with our customers and broader CSE engineering teams.
- Establish a strong partnership with product engineering leadership to represent customer driven priorities, improvements and enhancements that drive and multiply customer success across Microsoft.
- Demonstrate and reinforce an engineering principled approach to all work by organizing engineering resources, and defining and driving the engineering plan and schedule.
- Demonstrate your passion for learning, improvement, and drive for high quality through contributions that evolve our engineering process and technical capabilities.
- Proven experience providing leadership in security and identity, with organization-wide impact, showing applied technical competence and durable cross-organization technical collaboration.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience including building and shipping apps and/or services
- Proven track record as a strong and effective engineering manager
- Agile, can-do attitude and great at dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent track record of cross team collaboration
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience directing teams that are geographically distributed, diverse, and virtual
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with regional travel up to 25%
At Microsoft, we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, you will find a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and personal and cultural experiences which are vital to our success with our customers. It’s an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.