|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Applications is a key investment area for Microsoft, combining an extensive portfolio of cloud business application technologies with the breadth and reach of the Microsoft Cloud in a way that no other provider can.
The Business Applications Finance Strategy & Planning team partners closely with multiple engineering teams, product marketing groups, business planning teams, and others to support decision making. Our team is chartered with driving business growth, generating critical insights, shaping investment and trade-off decisions, and influencing business models and transformation.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly-motivated Senior Finance Manager with strong business acumen and partnership skills, to join the team during an exciting time for Microsoft and Business Applications including AI. We thrive as a multi-disciplinary team and seek to constantly improve by bringing out the best in each team member.
If you are a strategic, analytical thinker who is passionate about technology, likes to solve hard problems and look for creative solutions, this is the role for you!
The Business Applications Finance Strategy & Planning team drives business planning and pricing decision making across Microsoft’s Dynamics + Power Platform portfolio including D365 CRM, ERP, Power BI, PowerApps and Power Automate along with our legacy on-premise offerings.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define and drive prioritized growth plans for our SaaS products and services
- Drive ad-hoc projects and business case development to enable accelerated & sound decision-making for the business in the areas of product monetization, strategic investments and M&A
- Partner with key stakeholders during long-range planning to develop strong and executable business plans for growth in assigned product area
- Drive financial frameworks that enable sustainable growth, cost-capital efficiency, and increased return-on-investment
- Leverage data and insights to define actions and address growth inhibitors across teams and functions
- Be an effective team member, lead by example, and create energy
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated work experience in financial analysis & reporting and/or controllership; preferably with prior work experience in the technology industry
- Business partnership: ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Experience in working with large amounts of data, transforming it into insights
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Effective communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Experience in cloud services/infrastructure or related technology fields a plus
- BA/BS degree in finance, business administration, economics, accounting or other related discipline required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.