|Job Type:||Full Time|
C+AI Security is looking for Engineering Manager for our Microsoft’s Azure Key Vault offering. Microsoft’s Azure Key Vault is a fundamental building block for services and customer applications where sensitive data must be kept secure. As a critical part of Azure, Key Vault goes wherever Azure goes. As a platform, Key Vault gives customers the means to easily and quickly protect data in the cloud and integrate with their apps & services. Backed by hardware-based cryptography, we offer safe, secure and customer-controlled access to their data.
Our mission in the C+AI Security Division’s SRE team is to build scalable, fault tolerant distributed systems using software engineering. We optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings keeping an ever-watchful eye on their ability to meet our customer promises. We handle bulletproofing, reinforcing, ruggedizing and generally improving the quality of service and innovation-throughput of the services under our purview. On this team, you will have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale and constraints which are unique to Microsoft and Key Vault service, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, building infrastructure and eliminating work through software engineering. As domain expert on distributed system design, developing software services, capacity planning, you will provide technical leadership across multiple teams.
- Lead a team of engineers to design and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of your services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties.
- Recruiting and developing a team of experienced technical engineers.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience and outstanding coding skills in C, C++, C#, Java, Python or similar languages
- 4+ years of experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
- 4+ years people management experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 4+ years of experience in developing, testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments.
- 2+ years of experience in data mining, machine learning.
- A passion for building and taking part in highly effective teams and development processes.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into networking, software and service design, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to engage in strategy discussions with leadership team members.
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems and critical production service environments.
- Statistics experience and bias for measurement and data driven improvements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.