|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is focused on embracing a growth mindset and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
With more than 800 million people using Windows 10 worldwide, the Windows consumer business is the place where that mission comes to life. The World-Wide Consumer Windows Category Team is at the heart of the consumer business at Microsoft, part of the Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing organization. Our team works closely with our global sales and marketing field, product marketing, retail teams, and channel partners around the world to ensure that they are building, selling, assorting and marketing Windows devices that will delight customers and earns fans around the world.
We are a fun, diverse, inclusive and curious team who are passionate about making impact and growing our business. Our team is looking for a strong insights driven leader to influence retail category sales strategy by
- Identifying and developing opportunities through an understanding of key market trends and consumer information/insights; and
- Creating alignment with business group (BG), cross lines of business (Surface, Office, Windows, Xbox) channel and field teams
This is an excellent opportunity to stretch and think beyond short-term trends and work with a cross-functional team to develop longer term perspective and influence business group/category/channel strategy for consumer. This role will be critical in building consumer insights which will help transform how we do business with retailers.
In this role you will,
Build hypothesis, identify threats/growth opportunities and influence product/GTM strategy for the Windows consumer business by combining sales analytics, partner feedback, and channel & consumer insights.
- Understand category, channel, and business group relevant insights and studies; to know what questions to ask, and what data or insights to look for
- Summarize research insights and influence all stakeholders (including BG and team leadership) to develop action plans to execute against threat/growth opportunity.
Own research and competitive analysis to not only understand current dynamics but also understand and influence team position on not yet understood challenges/opportunities
- Identify business problems, and translate this business problem into insights asks/queries from existing studies, and identify new research needs
- Partner with the MSFT Central Microsoft Research team to execute research based on specific channel or category business needs
Drive Cross Line of Businessinsights and their implications into team planning and Corp/Field/Partner execution through data and insights:
- Understanding the business challenges/opportunities through interactions with the WW category team, channel marketing, and global field execution teams
- Analytically link insights to these business challenges thus building category/business relevant implications of the insights
- Drive insights and their implications into team planning and Corp/Field/Partner execution through data and insights Responsibilities include identifying priority initiatives by working with stakeholders across Category, partner organizations and business groups.
- Working with Business Groups and research teams to understand budget constraints and scoping/prioritizing workstreams
Manage research vendor budgetto land customized insights for Corp and the field driving category strategy to the final mile and providing timely market specific insights and data the in market category teams.
The candidate should have a strong analytical skills along with business acumen to bring together competitive data, sales and channel insights, partner and regional feedback with the goal of driving the right channel strategy for the consumer business. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in problem solving and analysis with a track record of working with a large group of internal partners to define and execute strategic initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in business or technology and/or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Category, Finance, Business Planning or related field.
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment and reprioritize to align with business objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide thought leadership across varied stakeholders, including executive presence.
- Curiosity in working on a multi-cultural, world-wide virtual team across multiple time zones.
- A genuine desire to contribute to and work on a fun, diverse, and inclusive team!
- Occasional travel is required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.