|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for Quality and Reliability Technician II at the Fairview, North Carolina manufacturing plant.
Reporting to the Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer, the Quality and Reliability Technician II will be a key role in preserving the quality levels of supplied components into the Fairview facility. The successful candidate will provide quality support on a multi-functional team supporting production of aerospace and defense products.
- Support Supplier Quality and Purchasing organizations to minimize supplier quality issues
- Effectively address complaints on supplied materials, including containment, documentation, initial root cause analysis, corrective actions follow-up
- Review and disposition of line scrap associated with supplied components
- Escalate and report on quality issues and status of action plans
- Ensure proper control of nonconforming materials and assist in keeping Material Review Board (MRB) documentation updated
- Support in problem-solving activities using 8D, 5-Why and Fishbone diagrams with suppliers through on-line applications
- Work on First Article Inspection (FAI) approvals
- Initiate new inspection plans and inspection methods
- Drawing reviews
- Support continuous improvement projects
- Support of Maintenance and improvement of quality-related documentation
- Support Quality Management team initiatives
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Technology or science-related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with focus on quality assurance
- Self-motivation and ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Knowledge of SAP Quality transactions
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical principles
- Experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in the aviation, aerospace & defense industry is a plus
- Experience with electro-mechanical measurement and testing is desired
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.