|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Packaging and Content team is responsible for managing the content creation, artwork development & localisation of dynamic and high impact physical & digital media for across Microsoft’s whole product portfolio! Our team is tackling the challenge of driving towards Microsoft’s sustainability goal - being carbon negative by 2030. Our team is responsible for designing and developing accessible packaging for Microsoft customers. Our team enables brand adherence, design execution, localisation, and delivery to the Physical & Digital Supply Chains for manufacturing and publishing – on time, on quality, and on budget.
Microsoft’s Packaging and Content is looking for a Program Manager with a track record of success spanning multiple release cycles, and with projects containing critical globalization and localisation dependencies. The ideal candidate excels in strategically planning asset creation and delivery across multiple languages, locales and channels, and feels comfortable operating within a fast moving and complex environment with strong status reporting and communication to all levels of internal partner teams.
The position requires the ability to develop, deploy and train the team on key programs in an environment where the emphasis is on innovation, collaboration and execution excellence. There will be opportunities to bring your subject matter expertise to bear through innovative individual and cross-team projects which will deliver cost effective solutions, process improvements and provide opportunity to employ cutting edge technologies.
- Program Management of programs across all mediums (e.g. print & digital) from the EN development through to global regions.
- Ensure key globalization/international and production system requirements are built into launch plan of record with clear execution path, dependencies, and change management, while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Influence design and development towards world class customer experience and efficiency of our preproduction & localisation processes
- Support regional Internationalization Managers, production team & partners throughout the development and localisation cycle with effective change management
- Communicate project status effectively to cross-group teams and internal Partners
- Continuously improve international team processes and engagement model, work closely with the production team to make our work more efficient
- Drive cost reduction programs independently or in partnership with other stakeholder teams
- Build strong relationships with key upstream and downstream stakeholder teams
- Seek out, recognize and act on new opportunities to drive innovation across the business
- Perform additional activities as required
- Three or more years of experience in project/program management for product packaging
- Experience in development of English and master files meeting technical requirements and drive content management best practices for multi-use environments (print and digital), localisation and worldwide deployment/manufacturing
- Experience creating specifications to document processes, develop training materials, set standards, and measure performance in a global creative and distributed supply chain model
- Experience with triage and root cause analysis (troubleshoot artwork, online publishing, pre-press and printing issues)
- Experience acting as a liaison with regional PMs and supply chain on all issues, questions and discrepancies
- Vendor Management experience (in one of the following fields: localisation, language quality assurance, IT development, bespoke process creation and problem solving)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Intelligence reporting and data management
- Industry recognized certification (e.g. PMI, Six Sigma) in process improvement a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.