|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WW Learning (WWL) team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and drive measurable business impact through learning and skilling. Learning is a key driver to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. We also believe easily accessible learning is essential for a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
The Professional Skills Team mission is to drive professional skills development that deliver behavioral changes that result in deeper customer understanding and accelerated consumption of Microsoft products and services.
The Sr Business Program Manager - Professional Skills Content is a key role responsible for Cross Industry, Segment and Solution Area content strategy and development. This role functions across commercial sales to define and develop professional skilling content to address role-based learning objectives and skills needs. This role drives the end-to-end content strategy to one or more Professional Skills Programs, from instructional design through content creation and/or curation. This role partners closely with SME and business stakeholders, to review, develop and release of skills content. This role also partners closely with the Segment Development Manager functions to bridge identified role needs with content delivery via our programs and engaging modalities.
Role success will be measured by your ability to effectively develop and deliver impactful content that drives field readiness, skills development and applied proficiency, as well as practical and consistent application of these skills with customers and partners.
The ideal candidate is an individual contributor with experience and impactful examples of content development. They also bring commercial sales, project management, instructional design, and an open and collaborative style to establish credibility and secure buy-in from necessary stakeholders.
If this role sounds interesting, come join the team, and help the company’s professional skills transformation!
- Drive a holistic content development plan that builds appropriate foundational skills, while recognizing and addressing unique role/orientation needs by Segment or Solution Area.
- Evaluate content inventory using data/feedback to measure learner impact. Apply findings to develop content composition strategy that enables scale and increased learner application.
- Partner with broader team members to actively evaluate key program metrics by role over appropriate time horizons and track skills adoption. Use data and feedback to drive content strategy updates and improvement.
- Actively engage with Segment Development Managers to assess role-based skilling progress, using data and feedback to measure impact and prioritize content changes.
- Enable a diverse and inclusive team environment where people can do their best work.
- Other as needed responsibilities.
- 5+ years working in the technology industry or with a technology company
- 5+ years of experience managing/leading/driving projects, programs, or products.
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy and focus
- Ability to manage ambiguity in an evolving and dynamic environment
- Ability to manage ambiguity in an evolving and dynamic environment and create clarity
- Ability to make effective decisions based on business needs and constraints; demonstrate a pragmatic approach to solving complex problems with a bias for action
- Ability to influence without authority and balance thought leadership with execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization, writing, and complex problem-solving skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.