|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you passionate about building always available, scalable, highly responsive services? Do you want to work on building enterprise level services that support products such as Xbox, Surface, HoloLens and Azure Cloud? Then this is the place for you! We are looking for an experience Principal Software Engineer with a proven track record and a keen interest in developing next generation of cloud services that are the foundation of the Microsoft Supply Chain.
As Principal Software Engineer in Core Services – Supply Chain Engineering, you're considered a technical leader on your team, understand the business impact of your systems, show good judgment when making technical trade-offs, take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance, and you make things simpler.
This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the business. You will work with and help further develop team of talented engineers that thrives on collaboration, passion for technology, and solving complex problems. You'll have a great opportunity in a high impact environment. You must be comfortable with ramping up and moving quickly, dealing with ambiguity, and understanding that you must wear many hats to ship a product. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an effort that has direct and significant impact on the success of Microsoft.
- Set the strategic technical vision for the org, with the focus on multiple areas under org’s responsibility
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving, including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
- Develop scalable, always available next generation supply chain services
- Help the team to raise the operation excellence bar
- Work closely with the Devices and Azure groups in enabling new capabilities through experimentation and innovation.
- Identify and investigate new technologies, prototype and test solutions for supply chain engineering and operations that optimize cost and consumption.
- Combine broad and deep knowledge of relevant business domains with the ability to synthesize a wide range of requirements to make significant contributions to the supply chain roadmap.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 7 years' minimum experience in Software Development or Software Engineering
- Masters Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ Experience in back end technologies such as C#/ASP.NET MVC or Java/Scala/C++'
- 7+ years of experience building and operating high-quality, low-latency applications on cloud infrastructure, in a collaborative environment
- Solid understanding of core database concepts and building large-scale distributed systems
- Success in designing large-scale big data systems that perform complex event processing, analytics, feedback control, IoT, monitoring/telemetry, and/or data mining
- Success leading architecturally significant projects from inception through launch, including communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and produce technical designs
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Programming skills and computer science fundamentals (OO design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving)
- Hands-on experience developing cloud services, preferred experience with Azure stack
- Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Able to operate autonomously, making the right judgment calls on approach, priorities, and solutions
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.