|Job Type:||Full Time|
As part of the Microsoft Cloud + AI division, we at the COSINE team (Core Operating System & Intelligent Edge) deliver technologies and solutions that lay OS platform foundation across Microsoft product lines. Whether that’s to power the 800+ Million Windows 10 devices running in homes and businesses worldwide, or to fuel the further growth of highly scalable and available Azure Cloud and Windows Servers, or to extend the “Intelligent Cloud & Intelligent Edge” vision to billions of cross-platform IoT devices, we are the platform engine for Microsoft to accomplish its mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more!
Are you excited by any aspect from above? Would you like to take on the challenge of adding complex new features to world leading cloud infrastructure and platform in a fast paced environment? If so, then this opportunity is for you! We are hiring highly motivated and initiative-taking Software Engineer to join our adventure. You will find yourself immersed in a diverse team of world-class engineers that seek challenges, drive for customers impact, love learning and value teamwork. You will have unparallel opportunities not only to work across the company to deliver engineering innovations, but also to positively impact the industries, ecosystems and real customers at the global scale.
You will be designing and building products & solutions in the operating systems and living the experience for entire stack, either at the base level, system level, application level, or Azure cloud services. You will work on different operating systems in a wide range of technology spaces, such as security, kernel, high availability, remote file system protocols, and so on. You will have opportunity to learn the largest scale of software engineering both within Microsoft and in the open source community.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of engineers
- Learn and share ideas continuously
- Drive for quality in everything you do
- Collaborate across team boundaries to define and drive team charter and vision.
Provide technical input across the Windows Core and Azure team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of professional experience developing scalable, reliable system-level software on Windows OS with C/C++ or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Proven background in building large scale distributed systems
- Proven experience and technical knowledge of LDAP/Directory Services and operating system security
- Hands on experience with authentication, authorization, network security and security protocols
- Strong design, coding, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Passion for developing delightful customer experiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross teams and ship production features in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.