|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud AI group applies machine learning to problems in advanced teleconferencing scenarios that are used by hundreds of millions of customers worldwide (via Teams, Skype and Skype for Business). We develop technologies and do applied research and development to enable better customer experiences for real-time collaboration. We are seeking a highly capable Applied Scientist / Engineer who is passionate about data, machine learning applications and driven to make an impact for millions of customers.
- Develop and deploy machine learning solutions to improve Skype/Teams real-time collaboration quality and reliability
- Design, develop, and own components, tools, platforms, and systems for real-time media communication and collaboration.
- Understand and be able to leverage core concepts of video processing, audio processing and real time communication
- Drive independent investigations resulting in shipping product code, patents, and publications.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge of machine learning principals to solve complex problems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience shipping machine learnt software solutions.
- Strong system software development skills, with a long-range system view that leverages development ranging from rapid research prototypes to carefully architected complex systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.