|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working at the center of applied Artificial Intelligence at Microsoft? In Microsoft Search, Assistant, and Intelligence (MSAI) team, we are building a team of diverse, talented engineers to revolutionize Microsoft 365 experiences including Outlook, Teams and SharePoint for the hundreds of millions of users who depend on them daily to fulfill their passion at work and in life. We're looking for those who bring fresh ideas from relevant technical areas including machine learning, natural language processing, distributed systems, security, user experience, and developer agility. We value individual creativity, passion and ability to deliver as a team. We advocate for inclusive teams that value diversity of thought and background as strongly as technical skills. Everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers lives better and to collaborate as a team to deliver them. We invest in each team member’s technical and personal growth and partner on their career goals. This is a place where engineers have real meaningful impact on the success of our customer mission and contribute to the core company mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
In MSAI, we have a diverse set of opportunities to deliver impact for users. We research and develop natural language processing, conversation intelligence & machine learning techniques to help users find most relevant content, make best decisions, and work with virtual assistants to stay on top of their increasing information streams and complex work environments. We build services and systems that robustly and performantly apply intelligence and derive insights over billions of documents, queries, and natural speech, text, and touch interactions. We innovate beyond traditional search to offer the most relevant and contextual based suggestions to help users discover the content they are looking for; spanning their contacts, emails, documents and their organization's data. We build technologies and experiences that push the limits of natural user experiences. We build and operate tools and infrastructure that solve the hardest cutting edge NLP and ML problems while meeting our core commitment to our customers on Trust, Security, Privacy. As an organization, we also support our employees to move through and across these broad spaces as their career interests change over time.
Your responsibilities will include some or all of the below:
- Bring your experience to a vibrant team through design review, code review and mentoring while helping the team build an inclusive culture where each individual can do their best work.
- Design, deliver, operate and iterate highly scalable, performant, and secure services with customer trust as core design principle.
- Build tools and infrastructure that empower other developers with agility and capabilities that simplify innovation.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build demos and apps to showcase these services.
- Gather feedback from real users and iterate in data driven manner.
- Bachelor degree in CS, EE or equivalent
- 5-7 years experience in designing, developing and shipping software
- Excellent coding abilities in C#, C++ or Java
- Strong programming and algorithm design skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the success of others.
- Prior experience with development in large high-volume services, experience with service-oriented development and cloud based systems.
- Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly
- Passion for data-driven decision making
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.