|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to work on the bleeding edge of technology? Does helping to drive the future of the Window platforms excite you? Are you intrigued by managing high risk and reward opportunities in an Engineering Services organization? Then the Engineering Systems Build team is looking for you!
Our group is starting a new effort to further secure our infrastructure services. The Build Foundation Team supports and maintains critical parts of the Engineering System. We're looking for self-starter who can join our team to help manage and drive new improvements to better secure our service; someone with a passion for Windows to help us build, monitor and secure the infrastructure used for our ES services.
Responsibilities of Team:
- Design and implement software systems to automate debugging and troubleshooting of complex enterprise build services.
- Fulfill architectural review role, influencing system designs which drive large scale deployments and improvements
- Regularly participate with on-call duties and live site support
- Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with varying feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Define, develop, and monitor SLO(s)\SLA(s)\Metrics\Measures that capture service level operation and customer quality
- Contribute to telemetry and instrumentation of products and services to light up Live Site monitors and alerts, and business measures and metrics
- Provide tooling, expertise, and guidance for full-stack solutions involving Operating System and Enterprise Hardware Management in support of Continuous Deployment and Livesite operations for services
- 5+ years of industry experience with a focus in 2 or more of the following:
- Design and development of distributed services or microservices for scalability and reliability
- Windows Server System Administration and enterprise hardware support in large scale environments (datacenters, labs, etc...)
- Dev-Ops / Site Reliability Engineering in high availability environments
- Automation pipelines for Continuous Integration in complex systems
- Modernizing and upgrading hybrid cloud/on-premise environments
- Excellent coding skills
- Familiarity with C#, C++, C, Python, or PowerShell is a plus
- Familiarity with best practices for credential management in highly secure environments
- Familiarity with Windows and Azure authentication and identity management
- Familiarity with defense in depth methodologies.
- Familiarity developing and operating ETL data pipelines
- Familiarity with SQL and data analysis. Knowledge of big data technologies including Azure based offerings preferred.
- Familiarity with software instrumentation and telemetry techniques for distributed services
- Capable of technical deep-dives into service, OS and systems design, data processing and data movement pipelines, networking, storage, monitoring and security
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability to deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity, and ability to handle ambiguity
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment. A true believer in team work.
- Passionate about sharing your experiences and knowledge, growing and mentoring your peers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or other technical/engineering degree OR 4+ years of development experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.