|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the center of the three Microsoft cloud’s (Azure, Microsoft365, and Microsoft Dynamics) empowering customers and partners to secure their environments in order to realize the full value of Microsoft cloud services? Are you looking for a role where you can interact directly with customers and help them transform into cloud-enabled businesses? Do you want to contribute to one of Microsoft's fastest growing businesses? If so, then we are looking for you!
The Identity Engineering team is responsible for managing users, authenticating, and securing access to Microsoft Cloud for millions of users every day. Organizations want to protect their information while providing their employees the ability to be productive from any device from the location of their choice. Within Identity Engineering team, the Identity Advanced Cloud Engineering (ACE) Team, is responsible for helping customers to achieve more by monitoring customer service health and providing outstanding support experience for the most complex problems encountered by Microsoft’s top customers.
About the team…
We are a startup team within Identity Engineering Customer Experience Team that respects all points of view, diverse, global, customer obsessed, forever learning, and passionate about technology. We are work closely with account teams, engineering, and customer experience program managers to provide a customer care and support experience.
About the role…
As a Senior Service Engineer in Advanced Cloud Engineering team, you will work with customers and Program Managers to deploy Identity and Access Management solutions, closely monitor customer health, and own the response to customer support requests in a 24x7x365 environment via phone, email or web, representing Microsoft and the Identity Engineering team. You will collaborate with subject matter experts within your team, across engineering teams, account teams, and management while continuing to maintain responsibility for being the first and last point of contact for your customer until issues are resolved. In this role you will develop deep technical expertise, have an opportunity to learn new emerging technologies, and help those around you grow. As you learn, you will apply an engineering approach to defining processes, analyze data, and work with engineering teams and leadership to continuously improve the customer experience.
We are looking for individuals sharing a passion for supporting customers, demonstrate empathy, a strong communicator, have a growth mindset, and a strong technical acumen to join one of the most customer connected engineering teams at Microsoft. The roles are technical, customer facing, have opportunity to grow professionally and technically.
An ideal candidate for this role has experience in deeply technical roles, support experiences at cloud scale and leading complex and highly visible customer engagements. Along the way, you have managed situations where the stakes are high, learned how to negotiate, developed strong communication skills especially when sharing deeply technical information. You have obtained and leveraged data to make informed decisions and become a quick learner of new technologies.
- Design, develop, and actively monitor the service health of designated customers
- Directly engage and support top Identity customers to resolve technically complex and critical technical issues in a 24x7x365 global support team.
- Go technically deep across multiple Identity and Access Management technologies as you actively seek solutions to customer needs while being empathetic to customer situation and sense of urgency.
- Designs insights and components of a service delivery system that defines tools, hardware, processes, role assignments, dependencies, and documentation, resulting in a complete system that supports service delivery and meets KPIs
- Leverage knowledge and experience to mentor, model customer engagement skills, and contribute to technical growth of a global team.
- Deeply engage with Program Managers, Technical Account Managers, and your customers to understand their architecture, and operations as you improve their overall service health and support experience.
- Champion and Advocate for your customers in representing their needs as you develop ways to resolve their issues.
- Team members may be required to ability to adjust working hours according to business needs, including weekends, and participation in on-call rotations.
- Share support insights and recommendations with engineering, customers, and account teams to prevent repetition of similar issues. that eliminates reoccurring issues and transforms the customer experience.
- Collaborate with engineering on new feature design and testing to ensure customers have a great experience and prevent issues in the future.
- Experiment with new support delivery approaches and tools that can be scaled out to Customer Service and Support
- Communicates data and information among stakeholders and applies advanced diagnostic expertise during service issues to restore service with minimal disruption to the customer and business
- Overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identifies and resolves teamwork issues.
- B.S./B.A. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Equivalent Experience.
- 7+ years experience in deep technical role in IT, Technical Support, Consulting, Development, Program Management or similar roles and hand-on experience in one or more of the following cloud areas:
- Directory Services
- User and Identity Management
- Access Management such MFA, Conditional Access, Device, and application management
- Authentication Protocols (Kerberos, PKI, OAuth, SSO,SAML, etc.)
- Development of applications using Single Sign-On (SSO), MSAL, or similar authentication libraries and technologies)
- Federation (ADFS, Shibboleth, CA SiteMinder, Okta, PING etc)
- Data Platform: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory
- Application Development and Debugging Experience (C/C++/C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience directly engaging and managing customer relationships
- 3+ years’ experience Microsoft Identity and Access Management solutions such as MFA, Conditional Access, Azure Active Directory, Federation Services, application management
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and overcome obstacles by resolving issues regardless of team boundaries.
- Promotes a positive team environment by modeling behavior that supports good morale.
- Actively involved in hiring and mentoring of other engineers
- Demonstrated passion for data driven decision making to help diagnose, resolve, and improve service offerings
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to look beyond the problem and contribute to design improvements
- English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking. If English is not native language, proficiency test results is a plus (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, Cambridge English Exams)
- Multiple Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies and/or Security is desired.
- Expertise in two or more of the following cloud computing technologies:
- Azure Core Platform (Compute, Storage, Networking)
- Data Platform: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory,
- Experience with automation languages (PowerShell, etc.)
- Website troubleshooting and development (IIS, WebApps, Apache, PHP, etc.)
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements is required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Ability to be part of an on-call rotation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.