|Job Type:||Full Time|
Intelligent Conversation and Communication Cloud (IC3) at Microsoft is developing the next generation of collaboration and communication products that will revolutionize both consumer but also enterprise communication for everyone. Our recent release of Microsoft Teams seamlessly integrates instant-messaging, voice, video, IP telephony, conferencing, and application-sharing on a variety of devices/platforms. The power of this emerging communication and collaboration software suite will bring together a far more effective distributed and mobile communication style in the coming years.
As we are beginning to define innovative video communication scenarios for the future Teams release, we are looking for seasoned developers to help us create the next wave of products and services that will provide premium as well as inter-operable video conferencing experiences for our customers. As a part of the Teams video pipeline and codec team, you will be architecting, designing and implementing real time scalable video codec technologies and innovations used in the Teams products and integrating them with other system components to deliver high quality video communication scenarios. This position will provide you unique opportunity of working on state-of-art video coding and streaming technologies as well as collaborating with several other key office communication technologies. It will also give you the opportunity to leverage AI/ML to solve real time communication problems in collaboration with Microsoft researcher across the globe. You will be working with a set of very smart people, including world-class experts in video processing and pipelining, to deliver cutting edge solutions in the video conferencing space.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics in place of 3+ years of industry engineering experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Programming experience in C/ C++ or object-oriented programming
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 5+ years of industry programming experience in C/ C++ or object-oriented programming
- Understanding of image/signal processing and video compression technologies including state of art compression standards such as H.264, HEVC, AV1 and real-time multimedia communication
- Design and development experience in real-time video applications and related areas
- Experiences with Microsoft Media Foundation and HW video encoding/decoding technologies
- Ability to collaborate with partner teams to deliver features and mentor junior team members as a part of daily work
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.