|Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
- Build and lead Core Teams from existing internal and external resources to achieve defined objectives. Effectively communicate resource needs to responsible Manager with defined work load commitment.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget for projects impacting Automotive Americas manufacturing facilities and Suppliers supporting operational objectives.
- Utilize enterprise level (TE Project, SAP, GPMS, IBP) systems to manage project plans, data, and actions.
- Establish and maintain an accurate project schedule using TE project based on commitment from Core team members, customer, and all project stakeholders.
- Follow established Stage Gate processes and assure integrity of project deliverables.
- Plan & lead milestone reviews to business segment Leadership when applicable.
- Manage Capex spending and assure execution in alignment with business unit financial plan.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis. Be a resource to facilitate the resolution of project issues. Regularly keep management informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects (escalation).
- Complete projects in accordance with business Unit objectives for On-Time Delivery and Quality.
- Establish and maintain project scope throughout the project lifecycle, including initial setting of scope, and scope change management.
- Conduct status meetings with internal Core Team and external customers.
- Report out on project status as needed.
- Track project lessons learned, cost savings initiatives and manage best practices.
- Proactively identify & resolve risks or issues to facilitate escalation path on all projects.
- Manage project communication, risks, and schedules.
- Conduct project closeout meetings and post lessons learned reviews.
- Conduct costing reviews as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and or three or more years of engineering or manufacturing experience preferred. PMP certification highly desirable.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience managing capacity, replacement and process transfer projects.
- Knowledge of AIAG PPAP change management and customer notification requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Experience in managing teams in multiple regions.
- Familiarity with the TE Gate and project lifecycle processes.
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, cable and assembly design principles required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem solving, and working on multiple projects required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TE (Microsoft) Project, on-line collaboration tools, and internal TE databases required.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.