|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, we are looking for a Contracts Manager to drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure. This is a customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer contracting experience.
As a member of the PMO team you are expected to:
- Provide the full life cycle (“cradle-to-grave”) U.S. Federal contract management. Oversee and evaluate major proposals, monitor large contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Microsoft policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements;
- Support the Program Manager and Senior Management by providing them with all necessary contractual obligations and insights to effectively deliver program outcomes;
- Be a strong team player, assist the overall program team and your peers to achieve success;
- Continuously maintain your professional skills through training and certification;
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and be prepared to support the development of processes and governance;
- Build relationships, both with the customer and within the Microsoft community;
- Support internal / external audit activities as well as data requests from internal / external customers.
You will participate as part of an integrated team to:
- Review and analyze solicitations for potential risks, including compliance with requirements;
- Develop proposals, including writing relevant proposal portions and serving as a reviewer;
- Evaluate contract terms and conditions and work with colleagues in the Microsoft legal department to determine approach for non-standard terms;
- Manage contract administration, process contract modifications, and monitor compliance with required contract reporting;
- Perform Subcontracts administration to ensure prime contract flow downs are carried out, small business commitments are met and tracked, and business issues are addressed;
- Participate in Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) process to ensure that potential issues are identified and mitigated;
- Serve as primary point of contact to customer Contracting Officer;
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, legal, project control, finance, business development as required;
- Analyze contractual risk to the business and assisting senior management in assessing risk exposure for the company;
- Visit client sites and meet with business partners;
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, statements of work, and service level agreements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required in preparing clear, concise, and grammatically correct materials for communicating information effectively to others;
- Expert contract, project, and time management skills;
- Action orientation with a passion for getting things done quickly and efficiently;
- Strong cross-group collaboration and relationship management skills including creating, directing, participating, supporting, and/or coordinating virtual teams to achieve objectives;
- Ability to document and improve work processes in order to make workflow more efficient and productive;
- Ability to creatively solve problems and identify solutions;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance while being a team player able to effectively manage a demanding workload across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- 12+ years of experience successfully managing Federal contracts and related documents at a large-scale corporation, law firm, or government entity;
- Expert knowledge of the FAR/DFARS contracting requirements for working with the Federal Government including Intelligence Community (IC) agencies and the Department of Defense;
- Demonstrated experience in working with the primary IC agencies;
- Direct experience supporting large IT contracts and proposals under multiple contract types (IDIQ, FFP, T&M, etc.…)
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.