|Location:||Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are in a mobile-first, cloud-first world. The Trust and Integrity Protection (TrIP) team’s mission is to earn trust and reduce risk by protecting operational integrity and compliance across the Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB). WCB empowers our commercial and public sector customers around the world through digital transformation, by providing technical and industry expertise, enabling our partner ecosystem, and delivering high-quality solutions and services.
The Trust & Integrity Protection (TrIP) team has an immediate opening for an operationally strong and strategic minded Business Manager. The Business Manager is a key member of the TrIP leadership team to design and run it’s connective tissue to partner and stakeholder orgs throughout the business, intake and prioritization engines, effective rhythm of business to enable decisions, and broad leadership engagement that will be a critical success enabler to our continued growth. Our group values strong cross-team communication & collaboration, ability to network and integrate across the Microsoft eco-system to inject value to the company at large, and create meaningful lasting relationships with our business partners, stakeholders, and executive leaders.
- Helping shape an organizational strategy and turning them into actions and/or projects that achieve leadership expected outcomes.
- Engage with a broad leadership and stakeholder community in driving TrIP connection and integration into broader rhythms and prioritization engines.
- Establishing the operating environment across our intra-dependent organization and throughout the broader ecosystem with which we must work.
- Creating and managing the rhythm of business (ROB), including all-hands, staff meetings, business reporting, etc. to help the business run smoothly and effectively.
- Drive the end-to-end planning and budget processes and core priority/Objectives & Key Results setting.
- Drive the evolution of the business through simplification and transforming activities.
- Work across multiple teams to help connect the moving parts in a very dynamic and fluid environment.
- A contributing member to the broader Business Management community within the larger organization TrIP sits.
- Defining and maturing scorecards, KPIs, both for team performance/capacity as well as risk and compliance scorecards for the multiple businesses we serve.
- Manage organizational health via various culture and org programs.
- Manage and drive special projects, as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management in a large and diversified technology organization.
- High level of organization, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail; program/project management
- Systems thinker, able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information into simple messages, able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes.
- Exceptional cross-organization coordination and communication skills including ability to build comprehensive and compelling presentation and communication materials that span functions and groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust, influence, and foster relationships with diverse team members; ability to use relationships to drive consistency of approach and ensure delivery.
- The ability to work and create structures in complex and ambiguous situations and respond flexibly in time-sensitive situations.
- Conflict / Negotiation management - demonstrated influencing skills.
- Strong written/oral communication skills are required along with desire and ability to communicate with business leaders through all levels of the organization.
- High energy and a strong desire to learn.
- The ability to motivate self and others, often virtually.
- 3+ years of experience in Business Manager roles
- PMI / Agile Certified
- Six Sigma Certified
Location: Primary Redmond, WA but can also be in Las Colinas, Texas and Dublin, Ireland.
Travel: Limited (<10%) domestic and/or international travel may be needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.