|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We get it. Much of the country is on quarantine due to COVID. Kidsin many parts of the countryare at home remote-learning.Itishard for most of us to keep upwith the demands of homeand work, or with the isolation ofgoing days at a timeonly seeing otherpeoplevia video conference.And in thistimeof longer workdays and heightened stress,it is hard to imaginebrushing-upyourresume, applying for jobs,cramming for technical interviews,andpotentiallychanging companies.We cannot promise it will be easy, butyou areherenow (looking at this job posting), soweencourage you tokeep reading and have an open mind.There is a good chance youare exactly who we need on our team!
Areyouadeveloperwho is interested in a career at Microsoft?Are you open to working onsystemsthatsupportfinancialdecisions?Do you want to work onmoderncloud technologiesand help usevolveour systems and processes? Do you want to bean integralpart ofateam that ownsitsservices end to endwhiledemonstrating agrowth mindsetand continuallyraisingthe bar?
If your answers were“YES,”great! You are a prospective candidate forasoftwareengineering team in the Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) organizationatMicrosoftCharlotte!
We have two teams that are currently hiring software engineers:
- The MS Sales & Microsoft Federal Revenue Reporting team are a team of dataengineersanddata-focusedsoftwaredevelopers, transforming Microsoft’s global sales data into the future of revenue recognition and management reporting modeling.This team is looking for developers who love data and are comfortable working in large datasets and stored procedures as we evolve from on-premises SQL data warehouse to Azure Data Factory and Spark. Knowledge of PowerShell is a plus.
As asoftwareengineer, you will:
- gainanunderstandingover timeof Microsoft businesses and processes and collaborate with stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliverafrictionless experience
- define estimatesandroadmaps,contribute to strategy elements –assistyour teamfrom ideation to articulation to delivery
- design,implement,validate,and release components/services/systems using your software engineeringskills inanAgile team
- workin amodernDevOps culture, administering your serviceinAzure,implementing infrastructure as code, automating manual operations processes, andsupporting/ troubleshooting productionlive siteincidents
- design and implement accurate and actionable monitoring to maintain businessService Level Agreementsand system health
- mentoryour team members, pairprogram, participate in code reviews, and delegate work to encourage professional and technical growth of those around you
- be constantly learning, evaluatingbothexisting andemerging technologies,deliveringPOCsandevaluatingneeds forservice modernization andenhancements
- collaborate with other teams and disciplines and driveimprovements in engineering across ourorganization
This posting represents several open positions, so whether you just meet the required qualifications or far exceed them, we encourage you to apply andtalk to a recruiter about your current career stage.We are searching forseverallevels of software developers with a wide range of experience, and Microsoftprovides career growth opportunities and a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ComputerEngineeringor a related field,or equivalent alternative skillsandpractical work experience
- 4+years of software engineering experience in any object-oriented language, building and shippingperformant andscalable systemsorservices
- 2+years of experience with distributed computing and databases
- Able to participate inanon-callschedule approximately one week every two months (varies by team)
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Preferred Qualifications:(nice to have but not required)
- Master’s degreein Computer Science,ComputerEngineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of data-structures,algorithms,and object-oriented design patterns
- Experience developing distributed data processing pipelines
- Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
- Experience developingservices that run on a public cloud platform
- Knowledge of front-end coding languages (any) and frameworks/systems (any)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform,inspireand grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
About our Charlotte site:
Microsoft first opened our Charlotte Site in 1990 and employs approximately 1,600 people at our 22-acre campus in South Charlotte, just over the NC/SC boarder. Local job opportunities vary widely from internal IT, to technical support, consulting, technical sales, account management andsoftwareengineering roles. Many of our roles can be configured in a variety of flexible work arrangements including telework/ work from home, part-time, and job share, and Microsoft is consistently rated as a leading technology company and a great place to work. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform,inspireand grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.