|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help build application services that empower customer creativity and productivity in the modern, highly collaborative workplace? We're looking for a Software Engineer II with experience building and shipping world-scale services to join us in supporting real-time collaboration for Microsoft Whiteboard on Surface Hub 2S, Teams, desktop, mobile, and web.
Located in Bellevue near the main Redmond campus, the Intentional team was acquired by Microsoft in 2017 with the goal of building the next generation of productivity tools, as well as the underlying technology to power new, large-scale, highly collaborative experiences. Since then the team has shipped Microsoft Whiteboard for Windows 10, Surface Hub, iOS, and most recently web. We're also working in close partnership with the Teams and Surface teams to jointly deliver delightful, end-to-end collaborative inking experiences and accessible meetings to our customers.
As a engineer in our organization, you'll help grow a young services code base built on modern Microsoft Azure technology. You’ll help us deploy services to customers continuously and ensure that our software is always available when our customers need it. You’ll help us deliver collaboration that's fast and reliable while respecting our customers' privacy and keeping their data safe and secure. This will include enabling Whiteboard for more people around the world by expanding support for data residency and bringing our services to sovereign clouds. You will also mentor new services engineers and bring another perspective to our supportive, growth-mindset community!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IT or related field or 4+ years of industry experience
- 3+ years of Software Development or infrastructure experience
- Experience shipping and maintaining cloud services on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, or similar
- Design and deployment of new back end services, public APIs, or websites
- Passionate about running services for end users with high availability, at scale, and meeting our compliance promises to customers
Desired, but not required:
- Experience deploying services to sovereign clouds
- Professional experience with the following back-end technologies:
- Azure Service Fabric
- Exchange Infrastructure ("Griffin"/"Griffin Azure")
- Microsoft Graph
- Azure Active Directory
- Familiarity with microservice architectures
- Knowledge of modern services and .NET technologies and best practices
- Professional experience with modern cloud infrastructure and networking solutions
- Experience with live customer facing services
- Experience with DevOps toolchain including build and release pipelines and infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with the following front-end technologies is a bonus:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.