|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Integration Architect/Lead Client Solutions Engineer, PromoteIQ
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
PromoteIQ embodies a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com. This role is based out of our SoHo/NYC office.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who we’re looking for
PromoteIQ is seeking an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated Lead Client Solutions Engineer to join our Technical Services team. As a Lead Client Solutions Engineer, you should possess excellent technical, communication, organizational and management skills.
The Lead Client Solutions Engineer will work with account management, product, and engineering to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of PromoteIQ solutions to support client organizations. You will lead the design, build, and testing of solutions to challenging technical problems to enable and grow customer implementations. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver who is able to translate complex technical requirements into scalable, maintainable solution designs, and execute on the complete software development lifecycle.
- Develop a deep understanding of PromoteIQ platform capabilities and client-specific implementations.
- Establish relationships with PromoteIQ clients by understanding their integration needs and coordinating with client technical leadership.
- Mentor a team of Client Solution Engineers, fostering learning and adoption of technology skills and software development process and standards.
- Lead the selection and development of technologies and tools to support clients solutions and internal assets.
- Act as SME and escalation point for technical issues and integration architecture; provide technical guidance to clients and partners.
- Lead and sign off on the design and delivery technical solutions to address ever-changing client requirements.
- Perform maintenance of integration solutions, including troubleshooting, code development, testing, and release management
Contribute to the continuous improvement of PromoteIQ standards, methodology, and process.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer managing integrations with customer systems, or as a customer-facing full-stack web developer responsible for gathering requirements and building applications.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership or management role.
- Experience designing and building back-end systems, services, and tools to consume HTTP APIs, access databases, process data, and format output.
- Experience designing and building REST API endpoints with a framework (Flask, Sinatra, Express, Rails, etc.)
Comfortable working with a Linux command line and basic shell scripting.
- Familiarity with common HTTP routing and traffic management patterns using DNS, load balancers, proxies, etc.
- Experience with software development best practices, including source code management, functional and unit testing, documentation, etc.
- Intuitive understanding of the intersection between customer objectives, core technology capabilities/interfaces, and integration middleware.
- Proven ability to create technical specs and provide accurate work estimates.
- Polished communication skills: face-to-face, on the phone, and in writing - must be able to listen carefully to customers and guide them towards the optimal solution.
- Organized, detail oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and report project and team status to leadership
Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, documentation, and communication skills.
- Strong desire to build a team that will make a difference in a small organization.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in software/solutions engineering.
- Experience in online advertising industry; Knowledge of online advertising models (CPM, CPC, etc.) and ad operations.
- Experience leading API development projects in SaaS environment.
- Experience with big data platforms and large volume data analytics.
- Experience with variety of software development methodologies and tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.