|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Real time media team focus on deliver a high quality calling and meeting experience for a range of applications based on our platform, from Skype to Teams. Our users rely on us to driver their daily work, from business, healthcare, online education among many other scenarios, connecting coworkers, partners, friends and family no matter where they are. As part of our platform team we ensure this experience can work in a large range of devices, where we can take advantage of Audio/Video devices, hardware media processing, CPU/GPU/NPU in an efficient way.
- Participate in the full development cycle, from prototyping through development, validation and release
- Work in smaller teams in an Agile approach to deliver solutions in a fast moving environment
- Collaborate with other teams within IC3, Microsoft and our external partners
- Bring innovation to our product by delivering new experiences for users during calling and meeting using advanced technologies in AI, ML and media processing.
- Work with edge hardware across a variate of ecosystems, including Windows, Android, iOS and Linux
- Dive in data produced by millions of daily calls to understand and predict our product usage
- A BS/MS or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Solid problem solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Excellent skills in technical communication and teamwork.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and be able to work under changing business priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and C/C++ programming language
- Proven experience of working in at least 1 of these domains:
- Media Processing technologies like Media Foundation, AVFoundation, Android Media Libraries
- Audio/Video digital processing
- Computer Graphics technologies like DirectX, OpenGL
- Computer Vision
- Understanding of Real-time media applications and platforms like WebRTC
- Knowledge of Video codecs like H264
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.