|Job Type:||Full Time|
As part of Microsoft’s vision of redefining productivity in a mobile-first and cloud-first world, we believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace.
Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications. We are THE hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams. We are looking for a great software engineer to drive our efforts in areas ranging from performance, mobile architecture, and customer growth on Android platform. This position is with the Microsoft Teams mobile clients team which tackles the toughest challenges in the mobile collaboration and productivity space with customer driven shipping timelines by collaborating with multiple partner teams on technologies across the company and beyond. We are looking for an experienced developer who is passionate about reliability, performance and cutting-edge mobile technologies. If you are comfortable working in a fast-moving environment, enjoy incrementally building towards a well-defined long-term architecture in a diverse, close nit, supportive team and have a desire to continuously innovate, this may be the team for you.
- Be a great manager, mentor and leader of the team and broader organization. You will support a group of 5-10 developers that are building the next generation capabilities for the Teams Mobile Application for Android.
- Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Have a great understanding of mobile applications development life cycle, thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and usage scenarios. Product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goal, in an evolutionary way, is a must.
- Be a great engineer. You will be accountable for the design, implementation and delivery of solutions that will directly impact the customer experience and store rating. Doing this in an efficient, maintainable way with emphasis on reliability and product performance as the top concern is a must.
- Earn respect of the people on your team. This is a technical position and the ideal candidate should be capable of working on code, supporting partner requirements and understand end to end data flows.
- Solve and address any issues in the application fundamentals across areas and improve the system architecture to scale the mobile development agility, as we continue to build the next generation capabilities for the Teams Mobile Application for Android.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience with proven track record of shipping successful products.
- Hands-on experience managing engineers in a product development environment for at least 1-2 years.
- Hands on experience with Android technologies Kotlin, Java, Maven etc. and knowledge of end to end software development life cycle for Android platform is required.
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to work in large teams to address complex problems with a thorough design and collaborate with multiple partners on common goals.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.